PDA

View Full Version : Reality and Fiction

Billy_the_Kid
06-06-2005, 01:09 AM
Hi guys,

I have to write a documentary mixing reality and fiction. Could u indicate me some good documentaries/movies like that? Or, maybe, some good books teaching us how to do this....................

Any help will be great,

CE

malcolmvexxed
06-06-2005, 02:57 AM
Depends on what you mean. If you mean 'documentaries' that don't actually do factual research, or manipulate editing to make a point as opposed to observing, then Michael Moore has made a career out of it. y ou can find information on the fictitious elements of his work online I'm sure. I can't think of any other people who are considered documentary film makers who do this.

If you mean 'mockumentaries' which don't actually have any documentary to them and are simply shot like documentaries...

Spinal Tap (music)
Waiting for Guffman (same)
Best in show (dog show)
A mighty wind (folk music)
Blair Witch Project (horror)
Drop Dead gorgeous
Pauly Shore is Dead
Death of a Dynasty
Bob roberts

Trojan123
06-06-2005, 04:08 AM
Hi guys,

I have to write a documentary mixing reality and fiction. Could u indicate me some good documentaries/movies like that? Or, maybe, some good books teaching us how to do this....................

Any help will be great,

CE

Hmmm... are you referring to something like Michael Bay's Pearl Horbor?

SB

CaptainJackSparrow
06-06-2005, 06:12 AM
Just turn on Fox News:P

Trojan123
06-07-2005, 01:43 AM
Just turn on Fox news:P

Heh... that's where I go to get away from the rest of the yellow journalism networks.

SB

CGTalk Moderation
06-07-2005, 01:43 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.