PDA

View Full Version : Filmbox import problems

danb
06-05-2005, 04:03 PM
I am trying to import some animation into XSI from Motion Builder. Yet when i do this the rig is all distorted and scaled incorrectly. Also it has no motion.

Can anyone help me out?

SovereignKnight
06-05-2005, 06:11 PM
I had this same issue a while back, but nobody had an answer for me then either. :(

I managed to get it to work *sometimes* by playing around with the unit size numbers in XSI. Nothing satisfactory though. I gave up finally, realizing that the .fbx plugin simply doesn't work very well.

danb
06-05-2005, 10:34 PM
Thanks SovereignKnight i had a feeling that the problem was the plugin and not me. :)

Do you know how i can exchanbe mocap in xsi? Or apply mocap to a rig?

Asgorath
06-05-2005, 11:59 PM
There is the Biovision File and Acclaim File importer you can reach through the menu File >> Import. That's all I know...

markdc
06-06-2005, 12:06 AM
I am trying to import some animation into XSI from Motion Builder. Yet when i do this the rig is all distorted and scaled incorrectly. Also it has no motion.

Can anyone help me out?

There are some issues with version 6. See http://forums.alias.com/WebX?14@236.kBC4ajhpcNa.3@.3bb0051a/1

I believe the work-around was to use the 5.3 plugin in XSI. I don't remember though because I went back to using max with mb. They did say they were going to fix it.

danb
06-06-2005, 12:24 AM
Yeah i've tried the 6.0 and the 5.3 import addons. Both give the same stinkin result.:sad:

JimPanse
06-06-2005, 10:11 AM
Hi,
for me fbx-import usually works...
you just have to make sure to check "add to new scene" and "Import Skeletons elements as nulls" in the import options.
I know it's annoying that you cannot import skeletons as chains, but it is better than nothing.
hope that helps a bit.

Cheers....

CGTalk Moderation
06-06-2005, 10:11 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.