PDA

View Full Version : USb Dongle fried?

bugzilla
06-05-2005, 04:41 AM
I had to load Messiah back onto my computer. I had it there before. Now, it does not recognize the dongle apparently, and every time I insert the USB dongle, Windows gives me a hardware install error. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the updated program many times. Think the USB dongle is fried, or has anyone else a fix for this?

Just wanted to check here first before going through the arduous process of getting a new donble from PMG.

ThomasHelzle
06-05-2005, 09:36 AM
If you happen to have Windows XP with SP2 installed, there seem to be some driver issues. There is an updated driver on the Aladdin site and others had luck with calling the Aladdin support - search the forum for some other threads about it.

Cheers,

bugzilla
06-07-2005, 03:15 AM
If you happen to have Windows XP with SP2 installed, there seem to be some driver issues. There is an updated driver on the Aladdin site and others had luck with calling the Aladdin support - search the forum for some other threads about it.

Cheers,

The new drivers from the Aladdin site did the trick. Good thing. I'd hate to think what a mess getting a new dongle would be.

ThomasHelzle
06-07-2005, 12:47 PM
Cool :thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
06-07-2005, 12:47 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.