PDA

View Full Version : playback issues

Layer01
06-05-2005, 03:46 AM
i'm getting some odd playback bugs?...not sure if i inadvertantly changed some settings or what but now whenever i hit the play button in SI 4.2 it starts the animation fomr the beginning!
so if i have the play head right where i want it, say at frame 400 (out of 1000), and hit play to review the animation, the play head jumps back to frame 1 :banghead::argh::banghead:

any ideas on what i have no doubt messed up here lol ;)

JDex
06-05-2005, 03:55 AM
Using a Wacom for playback control are we?

Layer01
06-05-2005, 04:39 AM
hmmm indeed....*looks suspiciously at corner of room* i'm sure i removed that hidden camera ;)

but even when i press play with the mouse the same happens...mind you i have my wacom still plugged in...course if i had to unplug my wacom every time i have to hit play....well..i wont be responsible for my actions anymore :twisted:

shoot, so i guess this is a bug...with xsi or wacom? damn it and everything was going so well too...

JDex
06-05-2005, 04:42 AM
There's been a few threads about it here... can't remember if there was ever a solution discovered. I recommend a thorough search here and at the base.

Layer01
06-05-2005, 04:47 AM
ye gads! that was a fast reply lol...
k but any idea what to search for (i never seem to be able to dig stuff up in forum searches) maybe wacom playback? wacom bugs? playback bugs?

JDex
06-05-2005, 04:54 AM
XSI Forum only...

"wacom AND playback" (no quotes) will probably net something...

Layer01
06-05-2005, 06:07 AM
lol wacom playback gives this thread heh ;)
i read in another thread something about open gl drivers (incidently i cant seem to find the place on the XSI site where you can get the Nvidia drivers they support/recomend), but my problem is not an OpenGL one i think in fact i dont think its a wacom one anymore, see if i hit the "up arrow" it plays form position but even when the wacom is out and i use the mouse pressing play plays the animation from the start and not form the playhead location..
so i am guessing i have by accident changed some setting somewhere cause i dont remember it doing this..

funnydoodle
06-05-2005, 06:51 AM
well, i thought it IS supposed to playback from the beginning when u hit the play button no matter where ur current frame is. UNLESS, u have shifted the orange markers(if not mistaken) to the frame where u want it to start and end playback durations at the timeline. correct me if im wrong though.

as an alternative, just capture the animation. u can key in the number of frame in which to start and end capturing.

ThE_JacO
06-05-2005, 12:10 PM
i'm getting some odd playback bugs?...not sure if i inadvertantly changed some settings or what but now whenever i hit the play button in SI 4.2 it starts the animation fomr the beginning!
so if i have the play head right where i want it, say at frame 400 (out of 1000), and hit play to review the animation, the play head jumps back to frame 1 :banghead::argh::banghead:

any ideas on what i have no doubt messed up here lol ;)

yes, you messed up your clicks ;)

left clicking play will play from the first frame in the timeline or, if you have loop on, from the start of the loop interval.

to play from the current frame you MIDDLE CLICK play :)

P.S.
what I find most appalling is that Jdex didn't know about this... I almost had hopes for the young padawan, but these actions, where he consciously points people to the wrong issues to make them go in circles, are a terse proof that he moved to the darkside.

JDex, change while you're still in time... CHANGE AVATAR!

JDex
06-05-2005, 12:34 PM
Heheh... you know what's funny... I spend very little time with the playback controls.

Mostly fiddling with MR, so I wouldn't have known that. But now I do. :D There was problems with the Wacom and playback thoough... found a few mentions, but couldn't dig up the dirt. :shrug:

I have to save Padme, Master. I had a dream.

dwigfor
06-06-2005, 08:19 PM
haha Jdex - your little avatar pic cracks me up..

Layer01
06-08-2005, 06:24 AM
sry for the late reply but cheers The Jaco/J_dex
shucks you guys no need to fight over little old me :p *dodges light saber* :D

CGTalk Moderation
06-08-2005, 06:24 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.