PDA

View Full Version : Combining Faces

Rani
06-04-2005, 11:34 PM
I've decided to draw my family as the addams family, however they end up not looking similar, not to my family members and not to the addams family members.

What I did was to draw some of the face with parts of my face with some of uncle fester's but it turned out just wierd and it didn't look like any of us.

How can I make someone look similar to another person while it's still possible to recognize who is he and who he is supposed to look like?

jmBoekestein
06-05-2005, 02:06 PM
I'd say you'd have to go for characteristic accesories. Like a coat or a certain dress on the women. :thumbsup: nice idea, Must post the end result when it's finished.

stepington
06-05-2005, 06:10 PM
I agree with Johnny Depp. Also - try to exaggerate some of your family's postures - do some of them slouch a lot? Or make a funny face when they're deep in thought? Stuff like that. I don't know how far along you are in your project so that may not be an option. In which case - push for some of what Mr. Depp was saying.

Self-Designer
06-06-2005, 05:20 PM
Try to find the characteristic properties of your family and adams family and combine them. I things the best cocktail should have 90% of your family, and one or two main properties of the adams's dude :) for example, your uncle or whoever he is and the baldness and dark eyes of their uncle don't remember his name.

CGTalk Moderation
06-06-2005, 05:20 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.