PDA

View Full Version : The Seaons Hottest

proton
10-15-2002, 09:39 PM
The Season's Hottest Accessories and Gadgets article in the December issue of Camcorder & Computer Video lists the NewTek Texture Collection!

If you don't have it get it here for FREE!:
http://www.newtek.com/freestuff/textures.html

gmask
10-16-2002, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by proton
If you don't have it get it here for FREE!:
http://www.newtek.com/freestuff/textures.html

It's free except that you have to register a user account with them. Any ideas as to why it's a PITA to login???

Chewey
10-16-2002, 06:35 PM
Works fine here. Maybe it's just old fashioned operator error?

gmask
10-16-2002, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by Chewey
Works fine here. Maybe it's just old fashioned operator error?

Uh ..yeah like I don't know how to enter a username and password.. The error says that it could either be that or that my web browser does not know how to talk to their server.

This server could not verify that you are authorized to access the document requested. Either you supplied the wrong credentials (e.g., bad password), or your browser doesn't understand how to supply the credentials required.

I would be really surprised that IE 5.5 and their server cannot talk to one another. After I could not get it to work with my password I ask for another password and it still does not like the password. Guess I'll just have to wait for tech support maybe it has to do with my router and it's firewall and the lockedarea software???

aurora
10-16-2002, 09:33 PM
I had the same problem with both NS7 IE6. I also believe it has to do with our firewall here at work. I bet when I try it at home tonight with my firewall down I won't have any problems. That is other then a long download time without my nice T1 here at work:cry:

aurora
10-17-2002, 01:36 AM
OK I just tried logging in here at home after shutting down my firewall completely and still could not logon with either NS7 or IE5.
Proton any clues?

proton
10-17-2002, 02:41 AM
not sure...can we get anyone else here to try this....I'm really not sure...let me send this to the web team....

proton
10-17-2002, 03:38 PM
One problem is that usernames are case sensitive and should not have a space in them --try that...

gmask
10-17-2002, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by proton
One problem is that usernames are case sensitive and should not have a space in them --try that...
I don't think I have every used a capital letter or blank space in a password or user name. I tried several combos and nothing worked.

aurora
10-17-2002, 04:40 PM
Same with me no cap's and no spaces although I did try adding spaces before and after both username and my password in all combos to no success.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 08:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.