AdamT
06-03-2005, 03:26 AM
Very cool, but I guess this belongs in the Maya forum. :/

JoelOtron
06-03-2005, 03:30 AM
HEHE (sob)

policarpo
06-03-2005, 04:00 AM
Is it all Maya? I bet it's a combo of stuff. Regardless...it's still good work...

Cheers.

JoelOtron
06-03-2005, 04:29 AM
We don't know if its maya--I have a feeling its all C4d with darfs tools--but I think Adam's point was that darfs switched to Maya.

govinda
06-03-2005, 05:27 AM
Me no love. If you apply to this example of motion graphics the same high standard of criticism as you'd apply to the proper lighting of an interior architecture scene, it's not killer. Some forumites here do better than this with c4d (for the sake of avoiding a competition I'll avoid naming them though I've named them before--all better than me by a long shot btw). Actually it's hard to think of anyone working in this style in c4d. Dform1 (http://transistorstudios.com/as-demo.html) would be generally similar off the top of my head, though he's a step above.

Part of it could be Pontiac. Not a client you'd expect to do great work for. Darf's done better too--Champ sports, in a different style, was far cooler.

neosushi
06-03-2005, 05:55 AM
This is awesome Motion-Design. Everything sticks together as one perfectly. One of my favourite parts is the particle explosion thing at the very beginning. GREAT :) Nice ideas with the highlight masking on the chasis of the car, superb. ;)
To bad the plugins won't be available for C4D - But good lucj to the Maya peop's anyhow :)

cheers
::neosushi::

flingster
06-03-2005, 01:34 PM
you can't beat a bit of kasabian...

there are some nice elements in these...wonder how they did the smoke on the last one at the end...

CGTalk Moderation
06-03-2005, 01:34 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.