PDA

View Full Version : vue d'esprit help plz

sic6six
06-02-2005, 12:49 PM
ok ive just started using vue d'esprit. i got version 4 at the moment but im having a slight problem with it. every time i add an object and either remove it or move stuff around i have a ghost grid for each movement of the object (it looks like there are more of the same object on the screen. is there any way i can get rid of this at all? its annoying having to keep opening and closing just so i can continue with my scene.
please help

durbdk
06-02-2005, 04:37 PM
Hi, well, not being a Vue user myself, can't really help you, but I think if you were to post this in the Vue Forum instead of here, you'd probably get a quick answer. Scroll down the main page and you'll find vue listed. Good luck! :)

sic6six
06-02-2005, 04:38 PM
cheers for that. wasnt sure if there was a section for vue

MattClary
06-02-2005, 07:16 PM
This sounds like a video driver issue. You will see this with various programs at times, not specific to Vue.

runejw
06-02-2005, 09:19 PM
Hi,

just got Vue4 myself and experienced similar things happening. Black backgrounds, "ghosts" when moving things around etc.

In the File > Options there is an option on the right side called "Enable Bacground Draw Thread"
Try to uncheck that option. Did the trick for me.

The demo I've tried of Vue5 didn't have this type of problem...

Cheers,
Rune

Rids
06-04-2005, 09:16 PM
OpenGL support in Vue 4 is diabolical at best and turning off the background thread was the stock answer. Happily, the OpenGL problems are not present in either Vue 5 or Vue Infinite although they do have their own faults, namely a pretty annoying memory leak but on the whole they are a lot more stable.

CGTalk Moderation
06-04-2005, 09:16 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.