PDA

View Full Version : Why more noob questions?

Mahlikus
06-02-2005, 10:26 AM
I thought I was beyond this by now but I have a question that seems to be very noob-like. I have had this problem since I can remember and I am really tired of it. I need some help. Every time I delete a group of polys or some edgeloops, Cinema leaves the points of said deleted elements behind. Why?! I am trying to clean things up and I need to know it I am doing this wrong.

I hope I explained myself well.

Thanks anyone.

ThirdEye
06-02-2005, 10:28 AM
Right click - optimise. CINEMA leaves there the points in case you wanna use them to rebuild the mesh, i find it annoying but i can leave with a few right click - optimise.

Mahlikus
06-02-2005, 10:36 AM
Thanks. Okay what about connecting two points to create a new edge (like optimizing an n-gon.

You have to excuse me. I come from a wings3d/silo mentality. Knife tool?

Thanks again.

bobtronic
06-02-2005, 10:39 AM
Thanks. Okay what about connecting two points to create a new edge (like optimizing an n-gon.

You have to excuse me. I come from a wings3d/silo mentality.

Thanks again.

knife tool in line mode. I come from Wings/Silo too so I feel your pain :)

Bob

BazC
06-02-2005, 10:59 AM
"knife tool in line mode. I come from Wings/Silo too so I feel your pain :)"

Same here! If you're still using 8.5 or earlier (like me) I don't know any alternative to deleting and rebuilding the poly. I just tried half a dozen times to accurately connect two verts with the knife tool in 8.5 .... forget it. It's fine in 9 though!

When you delete geometry, delete points instead of faces, there's no cleanup required afterwards!

I still do most of my modelling in Wings and Silo though, I think I would even if I had R9! - Baz

Mahlikus
06-02-2005, 12:13 PM
Thanks guys. Yeah I have 9.012 and I am loving it. I can't wait for the next update.

BTW - I WANT a Universal Manipulator in the next update. Like Silo. Love that UM.
:D

ThirdEye
06-02-2005, 12:59 PM
I WANT a Universal Manipulator in the next update.

what's that?

Mahlikus
06-02-2005, 01:10 PM
all functions (rotate, scale, and move) in one.
Silo needs axis bands like C4D thought.

http://prymevalgraphics.com/PG-Garbage/Silo/manipulator.jpg

artemesia66
06-02-2005, 01:34 PM
mesh surgery had the capability to turn the individual manipulators into one (or any subset of two), but there doesn't seem to be much move towards updating the parts of mesh surgery that weren't duplicated by C4D 9. too bad, really--there were many things MS did that still aren't in the main app.

laiels
06-02-2005, 08:27 PM
http://www.peranders.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=183

According to this link, Mesh Surgery for R9 is in beta stage right now.

artemesia66
06-02-2005, 08:56 PM
well, that's good news. :)

soapy
06-02-2005, 09:42 PM
If you want the points to go along with the polys you can always start out by deleting the points in the first place and the polys will go along with them. But it is a different way of visualizing what you are tossing out than poly mode, so take care.

tonfarben
06-03-2005, 03:49 PM
Mahlikus, Why donīt you update to 9.1? Itīs free!
I forced myself to the e, r and t shortcuts, because I hated switching, too. Now Iīm really faster than before.
e=Translate
r=Rotate
t=scale
Hmmm, when I think about it, why isnīt t=translate? Anyway, doesnīt matter.

GREAT NEWS MESHSURGERY IS IN BETASTAGE!!! :bounce:

Mahlikus
06-03-2005, 08:26 PM
Just updated. Thanks. =)

CGTalk Moderation
06-03-2005, 08:26 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.