PDA

View Full Version : idea for a script...

inlovewithlousypoetry
06-01-2005, 07:32 PM
okay i have been kicking around this idea for awhile now and i was just curious if it was a good idea or if i should just forget it.

so it begins with these two girls walking, ages about 12-14. for like the first 1/8 of the animation its just about how the girls are friends and the things they go through. then the story jumps ahead about 10 years where the girls get into a huge arguement. they both state that their lives would have been better if they never met. the story then backs up and shows snipits of their lives if this were true. in the end both of the girls would have died if it weren't for the other. now i think i am going to make this known only to the audience and then the girls just stay angry and never speak again.

i know this is very very elementary but i have been kicking it around for awhile.

thanks

RoundRobbin
06-01-2005, 07:44 PM
butterfly effect

malcolmvexxed
06-02-2005, 06:42 AM
butterfly effectUgh. i'm sorry but i hate when people compare plots to something that has been made as an example of something's worth or lack of it. There are only what, 7 stories?

What matters is the characters and the dialogue in a story like this. The premise is a basic human relationship. Without hearing any of the actual exchanges I can't give you a review of your premise, it's like asking for a review of 'a crime drama where people are killed and police investigate.' If you go forward with the script idea make sure to post it and we'll review that.

CaptainJackSparrow
06-03-2005, 03:32 PM
Sure it could work, though I should point out that ideas are a dime a dozen. It's the execution that counts and where 99 percent of the brainpower is needed. So try and work on an outline and post that, cos that's where it always gets real tricky, cos as they say, the devil is in the details.

inlovewithlousypoetry
06-03-2005, 07:45 PM
thanks a ton guys,

i will be working on script soon. i will put it up as soon as i am done with it.

CGTalk Moderation
06-03-2005, 07:45 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.