PDA

View Full Version : Wacom pens

Blue-demon
06-01-2005, 11:46 AM
Good day to you all, i was just wandering if any of you knew where i could find a wacom graphire 2 pen as mine seems to have broke :cry:

.. Ooh yeah, in the UK that is!

jmBoekestein
06-01-2005, 11:57 AM
At a wacom shop :surprised...*?*

But you have my sympathies, I wanted to do a sketch today but all the pens have been stolen here at my school. :banghead: I bet if you can find the serial number it'll be an easy item to trace. On the wacom website you'll be able to figure out whether one pen works on another device. I have an Intuos2, they have a range of pens that work on it. They probably still have those for sale.

KayosIII
06-01-2005, 11:58 AM
I think there are still companies selling pens for the Intous II.... I bought one from a company in australia about 6 months ago. Try a general web search...

Blue-demon
06-01-2005, 12:12 PM
Thanks for your replys! I've had a look on wacoms website and all they do it in euros :argh:

eparts
06-01-2005, 02:33 PM
since we are already on this subject.. is there a great difference between the grapphire pens and the intuos pens? Didn't the intuos have a tilt function ? any one who can make a short review on the intuos?

btw, breaking the pen must suck. :wise:

d-c-bounce
06-01-2005, 04:40 PM
Thanks for your replys! I've had a look on wacoms website and all they do it in euros :argh:

Hi,

www.dabs.com are an official Wacom dealer, and stock spares:

http://www.dabs.com/uk/Search2/Product+Details.htm?quicklinx=2PXF&searchphrase=wacom

but are listed as out of stock at present.

Nothing but praise for them, very quick and efficient.

Peter

jmBoekestein
06-01-2005, 06:36 PM
since we are already on this subject.. is there a great difference between the grapphire pens and the intuos pens? Didn't the intuos have a tilt function ? any one who can make a short review on the intuos?

btw, breaking the pen must suck. :wise:

Yes it has tilt functions, just about any spacial variable can be measured with considerable spectrum. They're a marvel. :D I haven't seen the difference between the two, but I'm sure the wacom website has pdf 's for download. You'll get a lot of info from just reading them.

eparts
06-01-2005, 07:44 PM
jmBoekestein: sounds cool. I got the Grapphire 2 though.. Just wondered how much better it actually works :)
*must win the challenge award, intuos3!! :bounce:* wish me luck :P

jmBoekestein
06-01-2005, 09:50 PM
Well good luck then :).

If I remember correctly it has a lot more pressure sensitivity and overall sensitivity. A graphire having 512 dpi on the pen and an intuos having 1024. For smaller ones it matters I think. I have a huge one but I tend to try and use only the middle part of it, I might as well have gotten a smaller one. :D

eparts
06-01-2005, 10:19 PM
i like working with small precise moves.. on my A6.. hm, i believe the best size would be A5 actually.. when using a 19" monitor
A4 must be too big :O and the A3 ones scares me!

jmBoekestein
06-02-2005, 09:09 AM
I've got the A4 oversize. Nifty thing is that I put it on my lap with the keyboard on it so I have more freedom to move to anywhere I want. I have to anyway, because my desk has no room left after the two monitors and a case for the parts, eparts :)

Luckily I'm in really bad moods lately so I use more pronounced movements, it finally has a use. ;)

cha0t1c1
06-02-2005, 04:00 PM
I like my Graphire3...but I'll be getting an A5, as it is nice enough for me, I'm not a small motion type, I use contour type motion, very weird when sketching...However is the intuoso3 good? I might get that instead....9*12 :drool:

CGTalk Moderation
06-02-2005, 04:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.