PDA

View Full Version : lost my unwrap info when I added polys- Any way to recover?

Mr. Cadillac
10-15-2002, 07:22 AM
I had to add another line in my characters arm when I started tweaking his envelope... the texture still renders out fine, but the uvw map no longer shows in animation editor... This is due to my poor planning of course, but if there is a solution to this I would love to hear it...Anyone?

Atyss
10-15-2002, 03:25 PM
First of all, UV info doesn't show up in the Animation Editor. But you knew that and did a typing error :D

Second, select the projection in the Explorer, and hit Update in the Texture Editor. If should work.
The projection is located in Object > Clusters > Texture_Coordinates_AUTO >

Hope this helps
Salutations - Cheers
Bernard Lebel

Mr. Cadillac
10-15-2002, 06:57 PM
I think I killed it... I tried to update in the TEXTURE editor (my bad last time) as prescribed and got no result... attempting to copy UVs or stamp the uv mesh results in a crash... the lesson here to rig the character BEFORE you texture it, so you can test how it moves...

Mr. Cadillac
10-16-2002, 06:41 AM
I found the only solution was to go back to a prior save and redo (half) the work I had done adding polys... It worked fine after that... musta just been some weirdness...

Not that XSI EVER has any of that...:rolleyes:

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 08:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.