PDA

View Full Version : eco-systems & lights etc???

DorisDay
06-01-2005, 08:20 AM
Just two quick questions...

Is there a way of creating an eco system with lights in, I have a scene with spaceships that have lights that I wish to create an eco-system with???

I have created a scene with lots of spaceships viewed from the ground, but I can't make the craft visable in the eco-system, how do I make it so that I can view the ships from below???

So far I have created many eco-systems but none with objects below the plane object...

Cheers

Wabe
06-01-2005, 10:52 AM
Lights in Ecosystems - no.
Someone asked that at e-on once and their answer was - could become much too complex so they don't allow that. A while ago at Renderosity someone had a thread about positioning lights via a Python script instead. Maybe you do a search there and read that. Could be that Agiel put the thread in the backroom there, check that out.

The second question. I don't understand completely i guess. Why is it not possible to make an Ecosystem on a plane and position that above the camera? Of course with an invisible material as ground material of the Ecosystem. I have one always at hand to make swarms of flying elements.

DorisDay
06-01-2005, 01:37 PM
Thanks for the reply Wabe...:)

I guessed as much for the light question but that python script sounds interesting, cheers.

You guessed right with the eco-system thing, I made the ground plane transparent like you said but I still couldn't get it to work, I'll keep fiddling with settings...:thumbsup:

Thanks again

JuanManuel
06-03-2005, 07:38 PM
Do the alien spaceships have to illuminate something or is it just to show the windows (?) You could key that to an image channel and make in glow in photoshop or so without not much trouble...

DorisDay
06-04-2005, 04:35 PM
Hey nice idea...

I was considering just using a glow material within Vue too, but it's good to have options, thanks...:thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
06-04-2005, 04:35 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.