10-15-2002, 02:29 AM
what you all think

coment and advise will be nice:buttrock:

VUJEN
10-15-2002, 02:31 AM
back view

ycf98
10-15-2002, 02:31 AM
the ankles look a bit squarish which i think they arent supposed to be ( if memory serves me right ) . but overall ur're pretty set to texture it :)

VUJEN
10-15-2002, 02:50 AM
what is your advise on texturing ycf98

thank for the comment. I will go back and check on some of that robot pic. If what you are saying is correct, then i will fix it.

CHRiTTeR
10-15-2002, 03:14 PM
Yeah, texture it or no need for textures andly some nice shaders maybe... :bounce:

ycf98
10-15-2002, 04:47 PM
well considering some parts of ur mesh is not bevelled yet . BUT u can simulate that using texturing . just make sure the edges have perhaps some whitish lines along it . try lookin at rusted metal of sorts as around the curves thats where the colors come off most of the time . well i'll assume that u're gonna make this robot gone thru wars n stuff so its gonna need dents . well if u've got photoshop just set a layer with bevel and then use brush to paint it after that use eraser ( could be brush or pencil ) set the opacity to 50% ( thats wut i normally use anyways ) and erase away the bevelled drawings slowly to get ur dents n perhaps add some white colors along the dent edges n use smudge a bit n stroke it a bit . oh btw for the base color of ur gundam u could use noise and then motion blur it to create an acceptable lookin steel color . well some 2 cents here from me . cheers . :) . i hope those tips help hehehe i'm still experimenting texturing myself too . LETS ALL LEARN !!!

:beer:

The Cross
01-27-2003, 05:26 PM
I think the Guns are too big if the Gundam is a land walker. adding bevels would definatly give it a face lift.

You should add more geometry to the hands, and that position it's standing in needs the feet to be more pivoted alog the ground surface.

I'd personally love to see this model in a video game...Keep it up.

VUJEN
01-27-2003, 05:41 PM
I USE 1 HOUR TO BEVEL IT SO IF THERE IS ANYTHING ELSE PLEASE LET ME KNOW PLEASE. THANKS. I HAVEN'T BEEN BACK TO THIS SITE FOR ALMOST 2 OR 3 MONTHS. BUILDING A NEW COMPUTER. YEAH. IM ON A FERRARI PROJECT SO WHEN IS DONE I WILL POSE AND ASK FOR TIP THANKS.

VUJEN
01-27-2003, 05:47 PM
BACK VIEW

Tactica
01-27-2003, 06:42 PM
The bevelled version looks alot better. Now you gotta work with the lights and the textures ( this really could use some)

VUJEN
01-27-2003, 07:32 PM
THANKS TACTICA. DO YOU HAVE ANY TIP ON TEXTURE? OR ANY TUTORIAL. IM USING MAX. QUICK QUESTION IS IT HARD TO FIND A JOB ON THIS FIELD.

blackwulf360
01-28-2003, 01:31 AM
Modeling a Gundum is one of the first (personal) projects I am working on. Look'n good...but, have you checkout any bookstores/anime stores in your area? Because, I know of a Gundam tech manual(I forget the name of it). Anyway, It could help you with getting the right perportions with the leggs. However, like I said...awsome work. Can't wait to see it textured.

Greenlief
01-28-2003, 01:33 AM
This is looking really good! The bevel adds a lot to the model! Lets see this baby textured!!

The Cross
01-28-2003, 04:58 PM
Believe it or not, When i made my Gundam, I made the the whole thing with Nurbs.

The Textures i made in photoshop. You'd be surprised how quickly you can get what you want in 2 or 3 attempts.

Using a bursh and smudge tool i created bitmaps that were only 50x50 and it had a nice outcome. The Materal i applied it as is the Blinn with mild bumpmapping, And a Gold Shader which i borrowed from a Maya shader list online.

I use a render of it as my Avatar. And i'll post a few images of it sometime.

SEPHROTH64
01-28-2003, 11:50 PM
hehe i have a model of that one in my room at home,

looks great! =D

VUJEN
01-29-2003, 01:07 AM
it take me about 2 week to finish that robot. another reason is that i only started to work with max about 6 months. CAN SOMEBODY HELP ME ON THE TEXTURE AND LIGHTS.

THE CROSS: YEAH I NOW SEE THE GUN IS KIND OF BIG, I WILL FIX IT AND POSE IT AGAIN. THANKS DUDE.
SEPHROTH64: COOL ME TOO BUT MIND IS REALLY SMALL. HEHEHE.
Greenlief: DUDE CAN YOU HELP ME ON THE TEXTURE?
Tactica: THANKS BUT IM NOT REALLY GOOD AT TEXTURES. PLEASE HELP.
ycf98: YEAH THERE IS A MORE WORK TO DO ON THE BEVEL. THE ONLY THING THAT IM NOT GOOD AT TEXTURE . THANKS FOR THE ADVISE. ANKLE IS NOT ORIGINAL. I MAKE THAT UP. I TAUGHT IT WILL LOOK COOL

CHRiTTeR: HOW TO TEXTURE. DANG I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO TEXTURE.:D

bobba
01-29-2003, 04:40 AM
Do you know original Zaku?

VUJEN
01-29-2003, 05:13 AM
know sure dont bobba is cool if you tell me. like i say im new with computer art. i only good at drawing with pencil. thanks.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 07:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.