PDA

View Full Version : vertex cache in XSI

RayenD
05-30-2005, 11:21 PM
I am looking for a solution for caching or baking animation data to use in rendering version of the scene - I don't quite know where to start... I had a good solution in some other app, but never did it in xsi.

You can plot all animation into shape mixer clips, but files are very heavy... looks like lots of not needed infromation is stored and sometimes I get weird results with it (messed up meshes after importing/re-applying)

I know about plugin called point oven, which is used for animation transfer to other application, but I am not sure if it is avaliable in XSI (I was thinking about exporting/importing back to XSI)
Writing a script which stores all vertex data in some custom file is a bit beyond my abilities, but if it is the best solution, I may consider it as well.

Any ideas, pointers?

P.S. The ideal solution would be something like syflex does with caching cloth animation.

markpassion
05-30-2005, 11:27 PM
Hi,

Point Oven XSI is "Officially" in Beta, but the Beta is open to all owners of Point Oven. so, basically, buy Point Oven, get Point Oven XSI. The Beta is working really well, its only classed as beta because all of the hooks to the other supported packages aren't completely finalised yet.

Mark
www.ef9.com (http://www.ef9.com)

CGTalk Moderation
05-30-2005, 11:27 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.