PDA

View Full Version : Screenshots from Sony's CG movie Open Season

Bulldog
05-30-2005, 05:25 PM
http://www.joblo.com/index.php?id=7630

enjoy!

Cararan
05-30-2005, 06:34 PM
I seen this trailer in front of Madagascar. Pretty funny and it seem like its going to be a good movie. Looks like everybody is having a CG animation department.

SheepFactory
05-31-2005, 02:51 AM
I went to see madagascar again today and they didnt show the open season trailer in front :(

Is it online somewhere yet?

heney
05-31-2005, 03:35 PM
Funny trailer, unique character design, but it seems like the overall visuals need some work. It really took away from the trailer as a whole.

polygun
05-31-2005, 06:13 PM
Im glad hollywood has noticed the money making possibilities of all-CG animated features. Im glad they keep making them over and over and over and over.....

vindraven
05-31-2005, 11:19 PM
Is anybody else besides me getting tired of cute bugs and animals? Am I crazy to think that the cg feature arena will quickly get saturated with this kind of stuff==>Mostly mediocre. Sharktale and Madagascar left a bad taste in my mouth. Seems like there are a lot of companies trying the Pixar formula and not considering other ideas and genres

Where are all the edgy, cerebral, interesting, and mind bending stories?

end rant//

d

Ryan-B
05-31-2005, 11:53 PM
Is anybody else besides me getting tired of cute bugs and animals? Am I crazy to think that the cg feature arena will quickly get saturated with this kind of stuff==>Mostly mediocre. Sharktale and Madagascar left a bad taste in my mouth. Seems like there are a lot of companies trying the Pixar formula and not considering other ideas and genres

end rant//

d

Parents + Kids In Theatres = $$$

I think Pixar took some risks with The Incredibles.

Shaderhacker
05-31-2005, 11:59 PM

end rant//

d

I agree with what you are saying. But according to the public, cute talking animals sell. Having said that, there are some movies coming out that will include humans (Wilbur Robinson and Rapunzel) so all is not lost. ;)

Cars and Robots is the one exception. They have mechanical characters..which I don't think sells as well. We'll see..

-M

My Fault
06-01-2005, 12:15 AM
Can't wait to see this. My mentor, Derek Freisenborg, is an animator on this. They are going through a big push right now on it. Hope it's good!

vindraven
06-01-2005, 01:03 AM
Parents + Kids In Theatres = $$$

I think Pixar took some risks with The Incredibles.

Parents and kids do equal big money. I agree. That formula will only last so long. Think of when the novelty of cg features wears off and we are down to the "Home on the Range" and "Titan A.E." type releases.

I do think there is a large market out there for something slightly more "adult." Not in a sexual sense, but more along the lines of Jan Svankmajer. Proof==> the large amount of horror and horror remakes that take in a healthy dose of cash.

By the way, anybody know the release date for Mirrormask?

d

sternio
06-04-2005, 05:44 AM
Saw the trailer looks decent, but the last gag in the trailer was lifted from homestarrunner.com

gingamonkey
06-06-2005, 07:34 AM
Anyone know if the trailer is online anywhere yet ?

CGTalk Moderation
06-06-2005, 07:34 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.