PDA

View Full Version : Beginner Texturing question

Ultron
05-30-2005, 02:03 PM
I`m a early beginner in 3ds Max.

I donīt know: If the level of my question is too low - perhaps you know a beginner forum!

OK - my Prob

I want to render a landsscape (just simple) to fly over it. There will be Mountans and Valleys and in the middle a new flat with water!

I allready got the Textures!

My Problem is how to get the Parts over the water Grastextured and the lower Parts textuers with wet Stones or something.

Its also important to me that the border between those too textures is smooth - to look a little bit more natural!

I tryed the Top-Bottem Material but the Result was at the flat (transformed to Montain Valeys...) bugy! It works on an other Objekts!

Please help me!

Jelmer
05-30-2005, 02:09 PM
you could uvmap the model first and then use render to texture (with a self illuminating texture ) to get the texture into photoshop or anything else and then paint which textures you want where (there are plugins for exporting uvmaps as well.) then aplly the material you made in photoshop(or something else) and apply it on a material putting a 'bitmap' in the diffuse colour map and then apply it on your terrain if you're done, this is obviously more work but it will give you good results

Ultron
05-31-2005, 01:07 PM
I fear that I did not get you in complete!

>you could uvmap the model first
I know the modificator UVW-Map to adjust the Map - is it that what mean?

> then use render to texture
I read a 700 Site Book of 3ds max - but this function isnīt in it.
Anyway I found the function at Render-menue.
I tried a little bit around but I only get a small window with a loading bar - wich disapaer in a second.

It would be great if you can help me!

CGTalk Moderation
05-31-2005, 01:07 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.