PDA

View Full Version : directx and meshes

D0ddy
05-30-2005, 01:28 PM
i have a few questions:
1. is there a plugin for discreet 3dmax 7 to export a model as a .x mesh to use in a program with directx sdk?
2. also, can i and how can i preserve textures to a mesh that i made so that when i use it in a program i don't have to fit the texures again?

that's all for now. thank you in advance.

mummey
05-30-2005, 04:27 PM
i have a few questions:
1. is there a plugin for discreet 3dmax 7 to export a model as a .x mesh to use in a program with directx sdk?

Its funny what google will turn up! ;)
MSDN link (http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/directx9_c/directx/directxsdk/Tools/Content/DXExtensions/MaxPlugIn.asp)

2. also, can i and how can i preserve textures to a mesh that i made so that when i use it in a program i don't have to fit the texures again?

that's all for now. thank you in advance.

Yes, they're called texture coordinates. Look them up.

Ghostscape
06-01-2005, 09:54 PM
check out the downloads section of www.quest3d.com, they have a decent .x exporter and a link to the Pandasoft .x exporter which is a little different, but both work. version 6 plugins will work with version 7.

Ifyou can avoid .x files, avoid them...they are a righteous pain to get animation working nicely in Max.

CGTalk Moderation
06-01-2005, 09:54 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.