PDA

View Full Version : help: Adding an object to an actor's face

Cman
05-29-2005, 06:09 AM
using syntheyes.

Any suggestions? Tips?

I was thinking I need to shoot a clean pass and then one where I add some dots to their face for tracking.

If this is down the right path, what material would you suggest for the dots?
Felt with doubleside tape, perhaps?

I assume the clean pass of the face is simply to help clone out the dots - is this correct?

Are there any tips for avoiding disaster?

Thanks for any help.

Kai01W
05-29-2005, 02:44 PM
using syntheyes.

Any suggestions? Tips?

I was thinking I need to shoot a clean pass and then one where I add some dots to their face for tracking.

If this is down the right path, what material would you suggest for the dots?
Felt with doubleside tape, perhaps?

I assume the clean pass of the face is simply to help clone out the dots - is this correct?

Are there any tips for avoiding disaster?

Thanks for any help.

Well, I'm doing this at the moment (actually this shot is on ice right now since I have to finish others first).
Take a look at this thread

http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=237603

I did not use a clean pass since I knew the movement would not be the same. Might make sense in your case. Rotoing them out was not so difficult, just a lot of work. Just take any sort of "pen" or lipstick to paint it. I'm sure something sticked with tape would fall off after a while or be moving too much. What parts would you replace? In any case think of the fact that points at moving parts of the face (jaws, cheeks, or even stretching skin) might not be usable.

good luck

-k

Cman
05-29-2005, 04:03 PM
Using a lipstick would make more sense.
I have to add an object onto the eye of an actor who, while not moving all over the place, will still be drifting about.

CGTalk Moderation
05-29-2005, 04:03 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.