PDA

View Full Version : 3D Models as Contemporary Art? - Can you spare 10 minutes please?

CRJ
05-28-2005, 06:50 PM
Hello, thank you for taking the time to read this thread =)

Up until now I've only used CGTalk to check out what everyone else is up to in the world of Digital 3D Design, I've never used it as a doorway for my own work. I noticed the Art Discussion forum yesterday and have just decided to post the following thread, I hope it might prove interesting to some of you ;)

I've been using Maya for about 2 years on and off but have been using programmes such as Photoshop for much longer, creating digital art through image manipulation, digital photography etc.

I'm currently working on a project that uses 3D modelling in Maya as an analogy of linguistic construction (exploring how we as individuals understand the world around us and define value to objects etc) - my work is underpinned by the notion of construction with no physical or tangible form.

Some people may find the above idea to have no substance but I find it quite interesting and am currently working on a final year degree project that explores this concept.

I'm looking for people who can spare 10 minutes to fill in two online questionnaires, the results of which will become the basis of a 3D Model/Animation. Once the work is done I do intend to publish it online for further feedback.

If you are interested in the above and can spare 10 minutes, or know of anyone else who might also be interested and willing to take part please check out and forward the following URL - All results will be counted and compiled on Tuesday 1st June 2005 at 2pm GMT.

http://emotions.linesperinch.com

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I'm looking for as many participants as possible.
Once again, many thanks for reading this thread, I hope it proved of interest. :thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
05-28-2005, 06:50 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.