PDA

View Full Version : M. Night Shyamalan next project?

Billy_the_Kid
05-28-2005, 04:17 PM
Hi guys,

Do u know what next project of M. Night Shyamalan? Any idea?

Thanx
CE

faridz7
05-28-2005, 06:31 PM
lady in the water starring bryce dallas howard and paul giamatti

visionist
05-28-2005, 07:06 PM
I dont really like M. Night Shyamalan, hes really a bad writer. Dont get me wrong i think hes has come up with some brilliant things in the past, but the full story behind it is really weak and kinda boring. just my oppinion, I think I am goin to start soemthing here.:)

LmB

6foot5
05-29-2005, 03:25 AM
whatever it is i bet there is an outrageous twist at the end.

talking of films with twists, anyone seen 'Identity' ? it was out a couple of years ago and had one of the most jaw dropping twists i'd ever seen.

visionist
05-29-2005, 04:09 AM
I ruined that movie for myself it sucked. Like 20min i guess the ending just being funny and it was right and it made me hate the movie ever since:( I hate it when i do that, but if a movie is able to make me think one thing and guess the ending and i am totally wrong, I am amazed and love the movie. I think thats why I dont like M. Night Shyamalan that much.

LmB

igorsandman
05-29-2005, 10:52 AM
What will he try to make us believe in this time?

6th Sense: do you believe in ghosts?
Unbreakable: do you believe in super heros? (that movie sucks by essence)
Signs: Do you believe in extraterrestrians?
The Village: Do you believe there are monters in the woods? (brrr)

So now what will it be?
- Do you believe in those creepy things living under your bed and trying to eat your feet at night?
- Do you believe in germs? (quote from a memorable movie:))
- Do you believe I'll get to work in time if I'm already 10 minutes late when I leave home?

Anyways, mysticism is a very strong mean to catch the audience's attention, but M. Night Shyamalan simply drain the theme.
The only reason for his succes is that twist in the script. He has a lot of talent, in the way he shoot, in the way he introduces his ideas, in the way he builds his scenes, but he relies too much on the surprising ending IMO. His films barely support multiple viewing.
That's just my humble opinion :)
Regards.
-IS-

CGTalk Moderation
05-29-2005, 10:52 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.