PDA

View Full Version : need help with Physique

Luthias
05-27-2005, 03:13 AM
If any one can help me I greatly appretiate it. I'm looking for some tutorials on Physique in Max and so far I haven't been able to find any that deal with normal bones. they all have included character studio and I'm not trying to rig a human.

sphere
05-27-2005, 03:40 AM
There shouldn't be much of a difference. The physique tutorials should go through the same stuff you would use for bones.

azloha
05-28-2005, 02:28 PM
a little details, but do take a look...
:thumbsup:
u have to have a character, or object which is built as a whole. there is no other parts in it. just one object, one character. and u cant group them together to apply physique. u may tried to physique a group objects, i didnt make it. and it is good at modelling living things. as for the robot, or other hard object which does not have deformable parts. u'd better watch out. after applying the physique, u may need to adjust the first option in the "physique" for a better results. or some parts will be not under control. if u dont like to adjust the first option, sry for my bad memory, u may adjust the size of the biped doll in advance. each joint of the biped doll could be adjusted in size, this affects each parts affected area. and u will need much time and patience in rigging the animation.

this is something not easily found in the max help. for the basics of the physique and biped, check the max help.

ah, forgot~! there is another option, the ragdoll, this is more suitable for reacting with the environment.

u may ask me...

oh, u said u are not rigging an human? take a look at the IK. it is certainly better. or try this, link ur objects to the biped doll, i mean object hand to biped doll hand. link them part by part, match each part. after linking them all, hide the biped doll.

CGTalk Moderation
05-28-2005, 02:28 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.