PDA

View Full Version : Heip Me !!! Come In

hantaianniu
05-27-2005, 12:13 AM
i am a new guy to use Painter so i have some question that want you to help me
which color is the color fo human face ?????? and you can E-mail me hantianniu@126.com and my QQ 176881974

heythatreallyhurts
05-27-2005, 12:52 AM
I'm no expert in Painter, but this is something I think transcends format, so I'll speak from my experience with traditional media.

Generally, you will use several colors in painting a human face, and they will be different (slightly or greatly) each time you do it. It depends on more different factors than I can think to enumerate. The best advice you're going to get is this: paint what you see. Get reference that is suitable to the piece you're doing (preferably a live model, or just use your own face in a mirror), and really look at it before you even start painting. If you look really closely, you'll be able to identify very subtle tints and shades that you might not have thought were present. Also pay attention to whether the colors are warm or cool (shadows tend to be cool, for example, but this can vary depending on the look you want to achieve). Once you've got it right in your head, it'll come naturally when you start to paint, and it gets easier the more you do it. You'll also start to notice certain color schemes repeating themselves in nature, certain things you start to see over and over again with different subjects. After you've done it a lot, it'll be easier to use less reference, or to exaggerate your references.

That's the best advice I can give, but maybe someone else who is experienced with Painter can give you some shortcuts or something specific to the program. Me, I don't believe that shortcuts to things like understanding color exist; it's just something you have to work at and learn.

Lunatique
05-27-2005, 04:17 AM
There is no magical formula. Everything is relative, especially color. Color of the skin changes from person to person, depending on race, age, environment, physical condition..etc, and there isn't just one color, there are many different subtle shades and hues.

Please read the sticky thread on top of the forum for tutorial and theory links.

Peddy
05-27-2005, 04:51 AM
the colour is white, or #FFFFFF. no...wait, thats just me.
*goes outside*

Gord-MacDonald
05-27-2005, 06:23 PM
There is no greater teacher than experience.

Just start dive in - look at people/photos/paintings/etc. and paint. Don't be afraid to make mistakes. Evaluate your own work, but also put you work up on the wip section to get feedback from others.
And oh - yes - join the daily sketch group!

Gord

cha0t1c1
05-27-2005, 06:36 PM
u cant just ask what colour is human flesh...just take a look at photos for reference and try to set your concept down first, the light colour, then u can se the kin colour...

I think if u have a background in painting u should be able to think is such way, try to think in terms of ur opinion of skin colour each person evaluates flesh colour differently.

Ilikesoup
05-27-2005, 10:39 PM
which color is the color fo human face ??????

Which human? :D

John Keates
05-27-2005, 10:42 PM
The colour depends on race, age, lifestyle etc. etc. etc.

Plus it will vary depending on where on the face you are, how much the light is shining thorough the skin and blood.

Plus, it depends whether you are factoring things like stubble, specularity or freckles into the colour or adding them afterwards.

Plus it depends on the environment (reflected light).

Plus thier mood (are they flushed?)

Etc etc etc.....

tevih
05-27-2005, 11:04 PM
Before learning painter, it may help to become more familiar and skilled at regular painting. I would recommend starting with b&w drawing and then work with color. I guess you can learn all this with the tools painter gives you, but the point is you should learn art theory stuff.

Good luck!

eyesonly
06-01-2005, 03:33 PM
well, what i usually do is i manually mix my paints first with oils or watercolor or pencil or whatever you have to get what you want, and then try to replicate it with the computer

basic human skin is a mix of yellow and pink.
to get a tan, add a bit of brown, maybe white to soften it before it looks like someone that puked up poo. what freud does, he puts a little blue in some spots to show the veins and a bit of pink near the knuckles and stuff like that.

its easiest to just try it with pencils on paper and trial and error your way through it until u get what you want. never mind the frustration, every attempt is a step forward

CGTalk Moderation
06-01-2005, 03:33 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.