PDA

View Full Version : Witch Cloud Face goals

DAZZAN
05-26-2005, 09:58 PM
Hi im trying to progress with my character made of cloud,went through the gnomon tut video.

But have come up with a few problems.

the clouds arn1t completly covering the mesh face ,as in photo.

Alex alverez makes a turbulance field and animates the phase z with an expression,but because its video i cant make out what he had written,but the effect was a rolling effect of the particles over the sphere,a bit to fast for my face,perhaps slower.

I have chopped up my mesh,and have put seperate goels on each hand ,the body, and the face,because i think it would be better to control the look of cloud density on each item,also it might help to render smaller items rather than 1 big cloud mass.

Also the look of the cloud itself is a bit iffy to say the least,i wanted to use fluids as goals but found out that it wont....ooops!

can i put a fluid texture on top of the render type clouds?
The button is there to put a material on,but i dont want to get myself lost,perhaps i havnt tried all the sw cloud buttons yet,but there only a few.

radius: any bigger than ive got the face loses its shape!
Surface shadeing: seems to get mor blobby the higher it goes!
Threshold :is on quiet high at the momment.

any help would be appriciated.

DAZZAN
05-27-2005, 08:47 AM
This is the scene file i hope this might help if you have a problem understanding what i would like to do!

most likely!

thanks.

http://www.rgore.plus.com/CGTalk/cloudWitch.zip

DAZZAN
05-27-2005, 09:44 AM
This time ive played around with:

Tubes

added 3d cloud material

a bit better look

still have holes.

regards

drGonzo
05-27-2005, 09:57 AM
Alex alverez makes a turbulance field and animates the phase z with an expression
Probably something like this:
turbulenceField1.phaseZ = time *12;
Because turbulence is basically a static field, it needs phase to change of time.

You might also take a look at this:
http://www.gnomononline.com/written.php?tutorial_id=39

and you should most likely put a ramp on your radiusPP, so your particles become smaller as they are about to die.

CGTalk Moderation
05-27-2005, 09:57 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.