PDA

View Full Version : Kick ASS Companies to Work for.....!! ..?

The Magic Pen
02-16-2002, 04:29 PM
Recently I have come to the conclusion I need to play mercenary a bit if I am ever going to make decent money in this business. I was wondering if you guys had any inside tips to some good companies to apply to. Not necessarily hiring right now, just good in your opinion. Places you would want to work if you where looking for a job!!

My list so far-with game reference:

Sony Online : Starwars Online :eek:

Blizzard : World Of War Craft !!

Bungie : Halo

Naughty Dog : Crash bandicoot

Bioware : Knights of the old republic..ok NWN :P

Raven : Quake 4

The Collective : Buffy ( x-box )

Capcom : Devil May Cry

Lucas Arts : starwars games :P

Factor 5 : starwars games ;)

ID Software : nuff said

Epic Megagames : Unreal 2

Maxis : Sims Online

Namco : Soul Calibure 2

Squaresoft : FF

I have some others but those are probebly the top of the list if you have some that you disagree with but don't want to mention it publically could you e-mail me. Please add to the list if you like a company and they are kick ass in your opinion. Sometimes some good studios become obscure !!

Blue
02-16-2002, 06:16 PM
I get the feeling you really like the idea of working on a Star Wars title. :D

Some big projects in the rumor mill:

Hasbro - Dungeons and Dragons Online
Kalisto - Highlander Online
Microsoft - Asheron's Call 2
Sierra - Arcanum Online
Sierra - Middle Earth
Sony - Everquest 2

any one of these would be a great oportunity.

Good luck with your quest for gold.

SkullboX
02-16-2002, 06:27 PM
Legend is doing Unreal 2, not epic.

Digital Extremes is working on Unreal Tournament 2 and Unreal Chapionship.

Mucha
02-17-2002, 04:42 AM
Everquest 2?
Dont think that will ever happen...
Maybe expansion number 4 ;)
The shadows of luclin just revamped the engine

The Magic Pen
02-17-2002, 05:03 AM
Blue: Ya im a starwars fan :P good list there also except I thought kalisto closed? Maybe im confused . Ohh and I dont want to make it sound like im all about money but I drove by taco bell the other day and the night shift drive through pays more then I make an hour soooo.... :mad:

Skull: Yes my mistake there. Legend is a good one also.

There are a lot of companies I am leaving out including various big name companies cause of there tendency to lay off people anytime there stock drops. However there may be good dev teams within the big companies so if you have any inside there that would be cool. This list is for other people potentially look for jobs also ;)

________________Few more good ones.

Snowblind : Bauldars gate dark allience
Mythic: DAOC
Blur : Various games
2015 : MOHAA
Gas Powerd Games : Dungeon Siege
Black Isle : Icewind Dale 2
3D realms : DN ;)
Ensamble : Age of Mythology
Quicksilver : Masters of Orion 3
Relic : Homeworld 2
Ritual : Fakk 2 ...??
Valve : half-life 2
Artifact: horizons
Sir-tech : Wizadry 8

Blue
02-17-2002, 09:07 AM
As i stated they are rumoured. Kalisto may have perrished since the research was done 8 months ago, all of the titles listed were for a target release after 2003, i didn't list any release titles for before that. What would be the point of joining a title that was only 6-12 months out from release, they would be in beta, anyone hired would most likely be a temp fill and let go shortly after the mad rush.

There is nothing wrong with getting paid well. I wasn't poking fun at you, it's good to have aspirations. I know i get paid well for doing something i love to do.

If people at tacoHell are getting paid better than you, what the heck are you doing?.... go to the conventions do some meet and greets with some houses, get to know some people. A great deal of people get jobs because someone in the company vouched for them. If you can, go to GDC, they have a great jobs fair.

Is Ritual still around, last i heard there was a single warm body keeping the name alive. I had a friend who worked on FAKK2, i'd be surprised to see a FAKK2-2. But i guess it could happen.

As far as never being an Everquest 2... well time will tell. I will not resort to saying never. Sometimes an update/expansion is not enough and a complete overhaul is required. I was happy to see that the hardware requirements went up on the moon expansion that just means good things for the subscriber, either the game looks and plays better, they buy a new video card and the game looks and plays better, or they just get fed up stop playing and try UO or Camelot and then they buy a new video card and the game looks and plays better.

Best of luck, hopefully the tacoHell pay envy will pass quickly.

But most of this is just my opinion, take from it what you will.

The Magic Pen
02-17-2002, 02:55 PM
Is Ritual still around, last i heard there was a single warm body keeping the name alive

Well it must be Bobo the seal then cause he works there. Im pretty sure it's alive and kickin ;)

Blue
02-17-2002, 08:12 PM
Your right, it was Rogue Entertainment that seems dead. He also worked on Alice. I know it was one of the companies he worked for. Guess i should have double checked before i just blurted that out.

jmringuet
02-19-2002, 01:29 AM
You're making a list of the GAMES you want to work on, not the COMPANIES you want to work at. That's different.
Some companies are doing very boring games but they are a cool place to work, with nice salaries and all (like Ensemble Studios for example).
You should be careful in choosing a company. Also making a game and playing a game are 2 different things. I know I wouldn't want to work on some games I love to play.

Daniel
02-19-2002, 02:28 AM
Hey Black Fish.

Are U sure??? :rolleyes:

Working on Boring games is Boring!!!

I like it much more to work on games which I like to play. Not on some boring games I never would play!

And here is my list:

- DICE: Racing Games Racing Games :D

- Bizarre Creations: more Racing Games :p

- Synetic: Oh they do Racing Games too :rolleyes:

- Black Box Games: Let's see how good the next "Need for Speed" realy is

- Reflections : The Guy's who made Driver and Destruction Derby, Do they have a Webpage?

- Polyphoney : U know they made Gran Tourismo 1-3!

- Stainless Steel Studios: Carmagedon...Should I say more? :cool:

- Angel Studios : Hmmm Yes...thier new games are not that good :(

- DMA : Grand Theft Auto :D

So that should be all great companies for racing games *lol*
Please add more If I forget one :rolleyes:

Cya.

The Magic Pen
02-19-2002, 03:12 AM
Black fish im making a list of companies that would be good to work for in my opinion and listing some of the games they make, notice a few of them have already been publsihed and a few are about to go gold. Like I said im leaving a lot of companies out for various reason including lame games. Good companies would include those that pay decently and have good management and talented people from which I can learn new skills. Usually if you have those features in a company they make good games. I have to disagree on Ensamble I think it would be very fun to work on Age of Mythology. I know I would much rather work on a game I would love to play so your logic is a little fuzzy to me. If they where making Tribes 3 I would sell my soul to satan to work on it .

RIP: DYNAMICS :(

Hey Daniel do you want to work on a car game .. lol :p

jmringuet
02-19-2002, 05:12 AM
Ok Magicpen, what is exactly your experience in this industry? You're talking a lot about fun, and good games, and I wonder if you have any experience or if you're seeing the industry with the pink-colored glasses of an outsider.
I can recommend you good companies if I know what you can do, what you want, and what level you have. When I see for example people listing Polyphony Digital as a good company to work for, it makes me laugh: if you don't speak japanese and have a huge resume there is no chance you'll ever work for a company like Polyphony. Same with Blizzard that a lot of people are listing in their 'favorite' companies: the salaries at Blizzard are shitty, and I mean really shitty. Some of their artists for example are Interns who are paid almost nothing for long hours of work. Doesn't sound like a great place to work for me, whatever the hype on their games.
And the list goes on...

So if you want real answers, please give more details.

Daniel
02-19-2002, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by black_fish
When I see for example people listing Polyphony Digital as a good company to work for, it makes me laugh: if you don't speak japanese and have a huge resume there is no chance you'll ever work for a company like Polyphony. Same with Blizzard that a lot of people are listing in their 'favorite' companies: the salaries at Blizzard are shitty, and I mean really shitty. Some of their artists for example are Interns who are paid almost nothing for long hours of work. Doesn't sound like a great place to work for me,

Are U sure about that point with Blizzard? Iff Yes.. :mad: :mad:

Bad Company
:D

And Yes. Polyphony is one company I never could work...Because of the language! But the Portfolio is not that prob.
They Only do Low Poly Stuff..
I guess I could help them :rolleyes:

hehe :D

Enough...Cya.

wanzai
02-19-2002, 04:43 PM
Did you name Rare already? They have been doing and continue to do cutting-edge console games, both gameplay wise and technically.

Daniel
02-19-2002, 04:45 PM
RARE?

Do U mean RAGE?

I never heard about RARE!

Cya.

Mucha
02-19-2002, 04:47 PM
There is a game company called rare actually. dont know if they still exist though..

wanzai
02-19-2002, 04:49 PM
I do mean RARE.

Never heard of them? :eek: Check out their site (http://www.rareware.com) then.

They only do console games. Nintendo-only, I believe.

Daniel
02-19-2002, 05:12 PM
oh yeah..know as I seen the Logo...I remmember...long time ago :D

hehe Star Fox *lol*

cya.

The Magic Pen
02-19-2002, 09:57 PM
Hey Gel rare is a good one thanks ;)

Blackfish I have 3 years in the industry and have worked on 2 games. Started doing concepts/textures and now 2/d/3d . My entire pro portfolio is still NDA or I would post something sorry best I can do :(

The Magic Pen
02-20-2002, 04:41 AM
Hey Daniel I noticed something on Gamespot today.
http://gamespot.com/gamespot/stories/previews/0,10869,2848705,00.html
A company called Digital Illusions is making a racing game. They are looking for artists also, but you would have to movie to Sweden :(

Why do I have the feeling you would do it ;)

Daniel
02-20-2002, 04:03 PM
Hehe...Moving...No Problem :D

But the language! :rolleyes:

That would be a problem...

I already send my resume to them...without any feedback...Yeah, I'll try again :D

Cya.

E_Moelzer
02-21-2002, 11:05 AM
Hello
Hehe, Daniel, I knew you could name all companies doing racing- games by heart ;-)
I want to add another developer: Capcom
They make Resident Ecil (Biohazard) yummy ;-)
CU
Elmar

Palm
02-21-2002, 07:53 PM
Black Isle Studios........:) Dont know anything about them but I love there games.

Maybe we should change the topic to. "what makes a good and fun place to work at":D

Like.
-Really good sallery.
-Good planning
-Short projects
-Good mates.
-Normal working hours (good planning)
-Free beer and so on..:D :D

Hey!! If any studio got all of these. Hire me!:D

spakman
02-22-2002, 04:03 AM
Originally posted by Blue
I get the feeling you really like the idea of working on a Star Wars title. :D

Yeah, but it's funny how your perspective changes once you've spent 8 months getting one ready for launch.... ;)

Daniel
02-22-2002, 07:48 AM
but hey...after 8month, EH 8month is a litle bit less...Huh? Lets say 14 month or more!

Ok after 14 month witout girls, beers and sunlight the game is finished...AND if the game is SUPER..Than Hey..Why not
:D

Cya.

BTW. But without Beers...hummm :rolleyes:

feid
02-26-2002, 08:09 PM
WHAT!!!!!:mad:

Nobody say EAD of Nintendo...."SHIGERU MIYAMOTO's studio" :eek:

No one want to work with the master....me it's one of my dream to work with him...of for him hihihihih :D

yah i know Nintendo game don't have terrific graphics in theirs games but.....game is not only graphics....game is about gameplay, ambiance.......

You should consider this team, Magical Pen...

Language???.....it should not be a limit to ours dreams.....

+

a BIG nintendo fan..feid

jmringuet
02-26-2002, 11:00 PM
Hmm I thought this question was about reality not dreams. Obviously not.
Sorry for my intrusion a little while ago.

feid
02-27-2002, 01:45 AM
Bah bah!!!!!

Bah work for EAD of Nintendo isn't that hard....

If you can do the job, they will take you it's sure!

no?

Black_fish.....you and your 35K poly/sec on a xbox you better start dreaming yah!!! :D

Magical Pen

- Barking Dog(Canada)...creator of Homeworld is always looking for talent..

+ hihiih

spakman
02-27-2002, 02:21 AM
Originally posted by feid

Magical Pen

- Barking Dog(Canada)...creator of Homeworld is always looking for talent..

+ hihiih

Barking Dog did that kick ass standalone Cataclysm (Multibeam frigates rock!), but I'm pretty sure Relic created homeworld, and are hard at work on Homeworld 2, and some rilly cool looking creature RTS that I need!:D

feid
02-27-2002, 08:39 AM
DOH!!!.........You right spakman....

i wasn't Barking dog....PUTIN que j'ai honte!!!!:mad:

+

Daniel
02-27-2002, 10:01 AM
Ohhh Yeah...Homeworld.

I finished Homeworld and Cataclysm, both very COOL GAMES!!!

Relic work with Lightwave..or? :rolleyes:

But...Ctaclysm wasn't made from Relic??? I can't believe...because It's Homeworld..but there is no relic logo on the box :confused:

Cya.

CADster
03-03-2002, 01:42 AM
I am happy as long as the company does not expect me to work miracles EVERY DAY !!!!!! 365 days out of the year, 12 to 16 hours a day (but i bet we have all been in this boat). I also hate working for people who dont understand what I do or the time it takes to do it right, and think anyone can do it (well, anyone can do this, but it does take time to learn and some talent helps. You cant just grab anyone off the street, pay them 10.50 an hour and drop them in front of a graphics box, so quit throwing this in my face old employer ... O.K., rant mode off :) ).

Global Majic does not do this, its a great company to work for and I am adding it to the list. i love it here :D (good perks, good money, good tools, good atmosphere, and TIME OFF !!)

@Daniel
Stainless did the first two carmageddon games. The third version was made by Torus .

Black_Fish also hit the nail on the head with this comment - Also making a game and playing a game are 2 different things. I know I wouldn't want to work on some games I love to play.

I worked on a football game and now i hate football games.

ruined for life i tell ya.

CADster

Blue
03-05-2002, 03:50 AM
Originally posted by CADster
I worked on a football game and now i hate football games.

ruined for life i tell ya.
You're still the biggest SEC fan I know. :D

Jin3D
03-06-2002, 11:09 PM
daniel you MUST be joking right??

RARE (http://www.rare.co.uk/)

don't tell you you've never hear of them ... Donkey Kong country?? Killer instinct?

spakman
03-06-2002, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by CADster
I am happy as long as the company does not expect me to work miracles EVERY DAY !!!!!! 365 days out of the year, 12 to 16 hours a day (but i bet we have all been in this boat).

This is actually one of the reasons I work for factor 5. I mean we work our asses off (doing the seven day a week dance for months on end), but we get also get an average of 6 weeks off (paid) for our efforts.

It helps that the company is small, and that Julian is intimately familiar with what it takes to get such crazy creativity out of a bunch of maladjusted freaks. ;)

feid
03-06-2002, 11:58 PM
Hi

Sparkman I have some questions for you ( btw factor five kick @ss )

- Have you worked on rogue Leader for GNC?
- I know that Factor 5 is not a second party develloper but have your worked in collaboration with nintendo fpr rogue leader?
- Julian said on a interview that...after Rogue Leader the studio is gonna take a brake and after it work on a other projet.....can we know what is the projet?

I better keep dreaming

Hope you guys stay with Nintendo

And sparkman if can you do a postmortem about rogue leader......it would be cool!!!

Cya!

spakman
03-07-2002, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by feid
- Have you worked on rogue Leader for GNC?
- I know that Factor 5 is not a second party develloper but have your worked in collaboration with nintendo fpr rogue leader?
- Julian said on a interview that...after Rogue Leader the studio is gonna take a brake and after it work on a other projet.....can we know what is the projet?

I better keep dreaming

Hope you guys stay with Nintendo

And sparkman if can you do a postmortem about rogue leader......it would be cool!!!

Cya!

Yup, RL was my last game. I'm not quite sure what you mean by collaboration with Nintendo. We develop for them. As for what we're working on now, it's this rilly cool -- oh yeah, you gotta wait!:D

Trippy timing, feid. If you check out this month's Game Developer, we're the featured post mortem.

L8

Omita
03-07-2002, 03:55 AM
Blizzard isn't on my list... while I like the games, I don't like their attitude towards the fine arts. Also, Blizzard is quick to say someone if ripping them off when lost of their game artwork is heavily influenced by other artists.

The Magic Pen
03-08-2002, 02:06 AM
Ehh spakman you guys use Maya right? Probebly send you guys my portfolio when I get some stuff modeled up in Maya . Fac 5 looks like a kick ass place to work.. the management is German ehh?

I think maybe Rainbow studios is another good one .

Big Ape studios (SW EP1 . game )

Sega?? ...heard good things few years ago

Amaze Ent....Doing pretty good after Harry potter titles I suspect.

Big Huge Games ...sounds pretty good to me..

The thing about Blizzard is that when I went to E3 all the artists where super nice and friendly . They are in a great location . How can you beat the kind of games they work on?? If you want to move into cinematics who else does it like them??

yowchuan
03-13-2002, 05:51 AM
Hi people, this is my "first" post in the forum. By the way, I am from Malaysia, and currently undergoing a degree course in Digital Animation, and will be graduating (and unemployed) soon this coming April.

My main interest is game CG, and due to the nature that there isn't much company involved in the game development field, I would like to know where I can seek employment elsewhere. My previous internship company is Gamebrains (www.gamebrains.com) specifying in GBA games.

My works and resumes can be accessed through the following link:

http://yowchuan.1accesshost.com/

I am not sure if the content on my website will help me get a job, so I hope if you are an experienced individual in this field, maybe you can somehow guide me in my pursuit for one.

Much guidance and help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot.

ramis
03-13-2002, 04:24 PM
Well, anyone of you haven't said anything about Pyro Studios (Commandos and Commandos 2) and Rebel Act Studios (Blade)... mmmm maybe because they are here in Madrid (Spain!) ;)

Blade is now porting to the Xbox, the PC version took like 4 years to publish!!! but the engine was so so good man, physics, shadows and all that things.

And you should know Commandos, Commandos 2 and its version for PS2 (out yet?)
Well, working on Pyro could be my first goal.... but seems hard to get! :P If not Pyro, any other, I don't care by now. The 3dsmax course will still take me 6 months hehe

best regards!
ramiro

The Magic Pen
03-14-2002, 12:20 AM
Good additions ramis thanks...but could have sworn rebel act was in trouble or closed??...maybe im wrong

Also

Valve Software: ( Half Life ) ..and super talented basterds at that!!

Bethesda Softworks ( Marrowwind )

ramis
03-14-2002, 12:32 AM
I heard something about rebel act closed too, but I've notices about the porting to Xbox.... I'm not sure, but I'm going to ask...

ramis

tandemar
03-18-2002, 07:37 PM
You NEVER heard of Rare?

Donkey Kong Country, Banjo Kazooie, Donkey Kong Racing?

They used to be called Ultimate, back in the old 8 bit game days and made some of the best games ever.

But not Rage.

They make games that are really nothing but fancy graphics demos.
They don't give a toss if they sell because they make all their money on franchise deals with graphics cards and joysticks.
They're everything that's bad and mercenary about the industry.

Blue
04-25-2002, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by Mucha
Everquest 2?
Dont think that will ever happen...
Maybe expansion number 4 ;)
The shadows of luclin just revamped the engine

It's good to know that my sources are reliable, the news just became more public today about EQ2. :buttrock:

UPDATE -- Relv posted on The Rangers Glade a scan of the first page of the PC Gamer June issue article which confirms that this is indeed EQ2. Others who have received that issue have confirmed it as well. I am told it should hit the news stands May 7th, so be sure to grab a copy. You can see that scan at <image removed from their site>. Zoom in to read it. Launch date of the game is set for October, 2003. Below is an unconformed synopsis of the article that was posted by Wolfie as a comment to the news post. As I do not have the magazine article, I can only say that this seems to fit in with some other facts I have received since posting this and I thus believe it to be accurate, but take it as you may:

Required: PIII 733 or athlon XP, 512 MB RAM, Ge Force3 or better video card.
Back to original 3 continents. Velious, Kunark and Luclin are explained away. Freeport has fallen to evil and the Pallys have retreated to a Fortress of Marr. Likewise, Qeynos has ousted the Rogues and they have a new city. Iksar still walk Norrath though their Homeland is gone. No Moon, no Vah Shir. Kerrans replace them. 50% of zones are new, the other half re-imagined. Zoning will be faster, but MOBS can chase across zones. Some will cease to pursue after a while. You start picking a race, appearance and sex. No stat points or classes. Newbie quests provide good rewards like a compass to end sense heading tedium. Takes 30 minutes to attain level 6. Then you decide to be fighter, priest, mage, rogue or tradesman. At 15 you start to specialize. Fighter for instance can choose among warrior, Crusader or Brawler. At 30 you finally specialize. Crusader can become Paladin, Shadow Knight or Ranger. Leveling will be faster and top out at 100 with support for future expansions to attain 200. Skills will include Knowledge, Technique and Arts. These will determine your ability to use items, weapons and armor which will be "transient" and breakable. This will put an emphasis on player made high end items that break and need to be replaced providing for a better economy. A 50th level weapon will also require the 50th level of Knowledge to equip it properly. Giving said item to a 10th level player will greatly reduce its effectiveness and increase the chance of breaking it. Goodbye to twinking. Dying becomes less onerous. Your corpse will remain for a time to provide for a rez, but you will spawn at your bind point with your equipment, minus an item or 2 depending on the circumstances. You will not, however lose experience. You will incur an experience "debt". You will continue to gain experience from the point you died, but a portion of what you gain will go into paying off the "debt". Bind points will be liberally scattered throughout and you will never be more than 5 minutes from one. No bind points in dungeons however. Banks will be localized and you will have to carry stuff from one bank to deposit into another. Players will need to buy horses, carts and boats for this purpose. There will be need to hire mecenary PC's to protect caravans with PC's good from NPC attacks on long journeys. PC's will be able to buy plots of land and build a simple, upgradeable structure on it. Invite friends to locate nearby and reach a minimum level to become a community with a guard tower and NPC guards patrolling your community which now can support community stuctures eventually resulting in playhouses providing entertainment as in weddings, plays, tournaments and so forth. Fighting will include picking a specific hit location for attacking MOBS and creature animation is said to be stunning. Griffons will be specks in the sky before they come rocketing down on you. Spirit of the Bear will show the PC slowly morphing into bear shape. A Bonewall damage shield will actually appear as a cage of bones topped with skulls all around the PC. Lastly a much higher level of polygons will allow for incredibly detailed landscapes and structures.

rv-el
04-25-2002, 09:10 AM
Rare also did Killer Instict 1 and 2.. rumors of 3 were around but i dont think it went into full production. They mostly do fun loving game cube games now..

KI is my favorite street fighter game
they should make 3 in my opinion

ohsama
04-26-2002, 04:20 AM
I`d stay clear of Namco Japan if you want to be paid well. They make great games, but the pay is cheap.

If your stuff is really good, then you might have a chance at some of the bigger developers in Japan. But the gazillions of smaller development studios might not give you more than a perfunctory glance if you can`t speak fluent Japanese because in all likelihood they may have no one there at all who speaks English.

Good luck on your job hunting!

cayne
04-26-2002, 04:30 AM
Okay, I'm curious. I've read a few posts where people mention various companies as not paying well or being terrible places to work. So, what companies should people be trying to get in at if they want to be paid fairly and enjoy their environment?

Also, please define what is meant by paying well. Since that's a rather broad term. What kind of dollar range should a new- but competent/talented- modeller/animator expect to make. And then take the same position with 5 years experience, what should their salary be at that time? To help narrow it down say that in those 5 years they worked on 2 or 3 games?

Does it matter what games a modeller/animator worked on in those 5 years? Does it matter if the games made it to publication/distribution? Does it matter if the games sold well?

Well, that's all the questions I have for the moment. Thanks.

The Magic Pen
04-26-2002, 07:08 AM
I think the list so far is made up of companies that are pretty darn good to work for ..so I don't know how you missed that, but anyways :rolleyes:

I think if you work in this industry you know that paying well does not mean making 100k/yr with fat royalties , just doesn't happen ..ok well maybe if you work at ID , but very few ..so how about enouph to make a living and a nice vacation and car, and a little to send little tommy to college when he grows up ..There are a lot posts of doller ranges for new talent try to find one . Obviously with more expereince you would get more money and better royalties. It always helps to have worked on a very succesful game , in fact any kind of advantage over th next game in this buisness is a BIG plus .

Ohh and Konami is a good one , well for certain games anyways
,Namco also

Ohh and Trokia games with Jason Manley !! :buttrock: :airguitar :thumbsup: :xtreme: :drumrock:

kandyman
04-28-2002, 12:44 AM
I have to state that I think neo software is a kickass place to work... and I don't say that cos I have to...

marin

BTW; we are hiring :) -> www.neo.at

SpaceRabbit
04-28-2002, 07:40 PM
Actually, Ritual is still around and is rumored to be getting ready for production on the LOTR series. And I stress, "rumored".

Kalisto is still around as well.

Good luck working for SquareSoft, the japanese angle is an extremely difficult angle to pull off. Very hard for an american to integrate into thier culture.

bentllama
04-29-2002, 10:28 AM
I am having fun over here at BUNGIE...

The Magic Pen
04-30-2002, 10:32 PM
Deffinatly had Bungie on my list already bent , glade to get an official word though !! When I worked at Sony we had an ex-bungie guy say it was a great place ,

Core Design in the U.K looks pretty dark good ad them to the list , They are working on Herdy Gerdy ..it'll be interesting to see how that title turns out , the animation is fantastic . :applause:

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 01:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.