PDA

View Full Version : Compositing Question from Noob

drfoley
05-26-2005, 04:58 AM
I have a space scene where my characters are fighting each other with a very nicely done planet, that was rendered seperately, composited in the background. It was rendered seperatley b/c it requires a Glow effect.

Low and behold, after I finished rendering this scene I noticed that the background composite moves when the camera pans. Should have known this would happen.

Well, now I have to ask whats the best way to tackle this problem. I could render everything together but the planets Glow effect will "white-out" the edges of the other objects in the scene.

Or I could render the camera's "path" I guess seperately and then use that as a sequenced composite. But I dont know how to do that. And that would take my computer Millenia to finish b/c I'm rendering at Widescreen HDTV.

Is there a better way to do this? What would the Pros do?

Specs:
Pentium 4 2.26 GHz
1Gb RAM
Windows XP Home
Nvidia 128MB video card

Thanks,
Dr.Foley

michaeljr
05-26-2005, 06:08 AM
if the camera moves, dollys in one direction, not panning, then depending on the amount of movement you may be able to get away wtih a simple 2d comp

if the camera moves so much or in a 3d path that the camera movement will change the perspective of either the background or the foreground characters

then you need to rerender something.

you could take the finished background image, lay it on a simple curved shape, and then rerender that with the appropriate camera move

CGTalk Moderation
05-26-2005, 06:08 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.