PDA

View Full Version : Skinning issues from MAX

Guna3d
05-25-2005, 11:08 PM
three bones and a cylinder NO PROBLEM!! Whole character NO WAY!!

I'm having issues with both Physique and the Skin modifier. Everthying seemed to work fine with the old export plugins. Nothing seems to work with the new ones. Anyone else having these problems or solutions??

Help!! :shrug:

hrydek
05-26-2005, 02:00 PM
True, I'm using MAX export old plugin to MB v.5 and import from v. 6. I had some issues with it, but now I can't remember what kind ;)

Guna3d
05-26-2005, 06:05 PM
Here are the more specific problems I am having:

I'm having issues getting my skinning to import properly from MAX. I've tried both Physique and the Skin modifier but I have problems with both.

With Physique the bones and anim export fine but the geometry comes in at over twice the scale as the skeleton. The deformation sort of works but it seems that all the vertices have been converted to rigid and the entire skeleton is a tiny lil mini-skel sitting between the ankles of the geometry.

With the skin modifier I get no scaling issues but the deformation is all outa whack when the character starts to move.

Anyone else having these issues? It seemed to go alot smoother with the old FBX plugins. Does anyone know if these issues are with the new plugins? and if so is there anywhere to get the old ones back?

I am using Max 7 and MotionBuilder 6.0.1
Any help is much appreciated.

hrydek
05-26-2005, 06:59 PM
Sent email to csm with link to plugins I use in max 6 & 7.

Cheers

CGTalk Moderation
05-26-2005, 06:59 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.