PDA

View Full Version : Learning tools - VNC

h4d35
02-16-2002, 02:21 PM
Hi folks.

For some time this idea have been bouncing back and forth in my head. Think I should run it by you.

How about having modelling-teaching sessions over VNC or another desktop sharing proggy?

(For you who doesnt know: VNC is a tool that allows you to see (and control, if controlling is enabled) the screen of someone who has got a VNC server up)

This would be like an interactive slowmo-timelapse.
Allowing the viewers(pupils if you like :) to ask questions and come with suggestions as the model progresses.

A problem for me is speed. You have to have rather fat cables to transfer all the data needed... specially if there is going to be several viewers at the same time. But with low screen res and low color depth. And if you could set up some kind of inbetween server, at a fatter connections than mine, that deals out all the streams.

I dont know but i guess there are people using this learning technique already.
Anyone got any suggestions about how to set up a system as effective as possible? Any problems you can see with it?

I may not be the best artist in the world but I would be glad to share what i have learnth during my modelling "carreer" :)

I was hoping there would be some great artist that feel the same.

Please gimme some feedback on this matter!

cya

/Hannes

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 01:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.