PDA

View Full Version : Still: Personal project

kavcgi
10-13-2002, 04:20 AM
This is a still from one of my personal projects, it's kind of a strange building, very dark and half empty, quite simple modelling really, the main challenge is lighting shading and rendering and composition.
Rendered with Maya vs MR. DOF+GI+FG usually adding DOF adds quite a lot to rendering time so it took 1h 40 min to render using MR network rendering PIII866Mzh vs PIII600Mzh.

Please give me your opinion.

Spartan
10-13-2002, 06:17 AM
I am a fan of this environment you have created. By environment , I mean the lifestyle and emotion I am able to associate with this image. You should be very proud of it, Thank you for sharing it.

Frank Dodd
10-13-2002, 11:28 AM
I think your have 'hit the nail on the head' with your own self crit. it is simple modelling with the complexity in the image based withing the camera setup and lighting.

I like it simple but very nice.

kavcgi
10-13-2002, 02:13 PM
Spartan and Frank Dodd, thank you very much for your comments
Itís just what I wanted to hear, the aim was the environment and emotion that comes with it.

Technically apart from the camera set-up and the lighting, which is actually based purely on indirect illumination, i.e. incandesces of the materials, mainly coming from the top face in the "shelf" where the balls are. The trick was to produce something that can be rendered relatively quickly with the high quality.

Thanks again for the comments.

jimmyb
10-13-2002, 05:55 PM
very cool picture. What are your
exact settings for your light and
your mray render globals.

zr1218
10-13-2002, 06:44 PM
I like :beer:

kavcgi
10-13-2002, 07:49 PM
jimmyb: the same setting as in this image here http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=24338

it's all part of the same building/environment I have designed.

The only difference is the fact that I have used DOF on this camera, this has increased the rendering time dramatically.

Thanks for your comments.

piajartist
10-19-2002, 06:04 AM
marbles anyone?:hmm:

TRi-14
10-19-2002, 06:51 AM
very nice, for tome reason reminds me of somethign from panic room...the cg lighting and there DOF tricks.. i love it though :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Jimzip
10-19-2002, 07:12 AM
I was going to say exactly what Tri-14 said!
Very realistic DOF effects, very Panic Roomish. Love the quality.
Good work!:thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 07:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.