PDA

View Full Version : Charcoal Portait of my father

Chickenboy
10-13-2002, 04:43 AM
i dont think its all that good (i see a whole lot of things i dont like about it), and the quality of my shitty webcam sucks, but please tell me what you think.

Array
10-13-2002, 04:45 AM
I like it. there's somewhat of a sombre mood too it...i dont know if that's what you were going for. maybe a photo would help us better critique your piece? :thumbsup:

Chickenboy
10-13-2002, 04:49 AM
I just ran down and took it, he was like, what? huh? post where? shirt? it was funny :)

Montparnasse
10-13-2002, 01:19 PM
...but I think, if you would draw exactly that pic again, paying more attention on details, it would become more similarity.

For ex. in the drawing he has too much hair in the middle, the whole head is an idea too narrow, and he looks too dissipated on the drawing, on the photo he does not (thank god...lol)

Greetings from Switzerland

Montparnasse

Chickenboy
10-13-2002, 04:10 PM
the picture was taken after the drawing, i drew the picture buy sitting infront of him whil he was watching a movi, moving around, eating, not really staying still. Plus i was at the low angle which kinda mesed up my proportions, b/c i drew him more straight on then wha i was actually seeing :(

piajartist
10-19-2002, 07:06 AM
Kinda looks like Jon Voight, good sketch.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 08:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.