PDA

View Full Version : PLEASE, NO MORE STAR WARS FEATURES PROJECTS...please...

softdistortion
05-24-2005, 09:32 PM
So, now we have 3 StarWars projects recruiting...I guess it's to be expected since people are all jazzed about just having seen EpisodeIII, but take a breath and give the collabs a break!

If it doesn't stop we'll have to unleash the JarJar vrs Ewoks 6hr triple feature, cagebattle, WAR film on you all. (Also in case that is not enough to stop you , we also are in script mode with "Revenge of Dooku's hands Episode II.5" a fullCG 2 hr battle FILM, complete with Chewbaka crashing the Falcon after a few beers)...

You've been WARNED! :p :)

roguenroll
05-24-2005, 09:47 PM
sounds like a good script, cant wait to see it.

Grrrrrrr
05-24-2005, 09:55 PM
I know SW III was a huge succes and to be honest i really expected this. Here are only 3 but on other fan sites are tons.But max 20% go further .After the SW III effect goes away they realise that it was too much for them and they go "i'm sry to say this but....".They all feel like they are G. Lucas all of a sudden :).Anyway...i hope the project i joined is not included in here :).

I was going to have a heart attack when i saw another SW thread.Dunoo if i can handle another one :).I'm really curiouse.....will members join and make the projects work.

roguenroll
05-24-2005, 09:59 PM
wheeew thank goodness my 3 years of toil are done.

DogmaD
05-24-2005, 10:11 PM
Hey, Soft, i thought we were really going to do the Jar Jar vs Ewok cagefight!! :sad: Come on, you know people want it. :D

About if the Star Wars collabs will succeed. We will see in a couple of weeks. Personally, i think it depends on the team leader a lot. The 15 minute thing could work, i mean, it is doable, and the guy has worked at EA. That somehow gives him some credibility.

The 2 hour 30 minutes thing is not going to happen, everybody can see that, it somehow only takes time for the teamleader to absorb the information given to him. Like that it is practically impossible to render such high quality content even if they would be able to create it. It also is one of those projects where the team leader comes in with a not so well thought out story and expects others to make it for him. Which is simply not going to work, someone who knows what he is doing needs te be leading.

The last one, around 60 minutes, i don't know. I have not read much about it. But he seems to be aware of the difficulties. There is already some content, and the guy seems very mature about how to handle these things. So who knows?

Then the fourth Star Wars collab. Jar Jar vs Ewoks. Well, we have found a Jar Jar model. But finding fluffy ewoks is harder than it sounds. ;) Well, maybe just as hard as it sounds...Anyone has a roadmap to Endor?

* By the way, personally i would rather see all 3 collabs merging in the 15 minute collab...That gives it a far higher chance of succeeding. Pick the best elements of all 3 collabs and merge it.

softdistortion
05-24-2005, 11:03 PM
roguenroll - LOL :surprised

I'm serious...one more Star Wars project in here and its CAGEBATTLE TIME! :D

DogmaD, I think we better move the threatened project to the storyboard stage...these guys seem bent on turning CGTalk collabs into a Star Wars fan film forum! :)

So anyone want to model the Ewoks? .... :p

Ephisus
05-25-2005, 02:42 AM
Just to set the record straight, the third one isn't feature length, and it's the only one that's been in production since before ROTS came out.

These other two havent even scratched Pre', yet.

softdistortion
05-25-2005, 03:09 AM
So your vote goes for wanting the Cagefight then? :rolleyes: :)

Ephisus
05-25-2005, 04:18 AM

yes.

Grrrrrrr
05-25-2005, 07:41 AM
The 15 minute thing could work, i mean, it is doable, and the guy has worked at EA. That somehow gives him some credibility.
Well this judgement i don't like....he works at EA..yes that is a plus for 'my leader' but it's not a minus for Matt.U should not judge like this.I judge them on what i see....on their posts....and Jonathan it's more formal...mature.....and closer to reality.On the other side matts post tell me that he doesn't have a clue on what it really means to make a 2h movie.....he doesn't listen to our oppinions all he sais is "i don't care what u think..i'm a SW fan and i'm gonna do this"...well matt sry to dissapoint u but beeing a fan it's not enought....unless the Force is strong within u :)...lol....u are blinded by the beauty of the movies and that's all.....I think u should drop the project and join other ppls.....because ..let's face it....u are not a good leader......as ppl said at theforce.....again they were harsher but u needed because nicely u seem not to understand.And stop asking other leaders (and others asked)to merge their projects with urs ....for that they have to have the same ideals....and they don't......
I'm sry if i was rude in any way but i am honestly sick and tired of seeing u not listen and keep thinking that u'll make a revelation in fan movie history....
Can u tell me how old are u Matt?I'm curiouse!
Man SW is like a drug....

DogmaD
05-25-2005, 08:25 AM
Well this judgement i don't like....he works at EA..yes that is a plus for 'my leader' but it's not a minus for Matt.U should not judge like this.I judge them on what i see....on their posts....and Jonathan it's more formal...mature.....and closer to reality.

Dude, I have never said that this is a minus for Matt. I just said that the guy working at EA has a plus for me. There is simple logic behind this. If he has (or has had) a job at EA, then he has some industry experience, probably knows the programs, and knows how to work with people from different disciplines. He probably knows how to keep deadlines, create milestones. Stuff like that. I just see this as a big plus. He also said he already has experience working on shorts. That was the only point i made, and it is also the only point we can judge his project on, because he simply has zero content.

And Ephisus, sorry if i said anything wrong, your collaboration looks devoted, and i hope it will reach a nice endresults.

Grrrrrrr
05-25-2005, 08:43 AM
K....my idea (though i admit it's not reflected by my post) was to make ppl stop thinking that if Matt has no past experience he can't do it.Everyone started some day right?I wanted to pick one idea from ur post not to say that u actually think all that.Sry for the wrong exprimation .......it really bugged me the way ppl at thefore thought of him.
The point is if he would come now and give us something to proove us (though can't really think of what)that we were wrong.....all would be perfect....and in this case dunno if time will solve anything... he is not even trying to analyze the facts with us.....
Again sry....

So matt....after this week...what are the conclusions?

Ephisus
05-25-2005, 09:33 AM
And Ephisus, sorry if i said anything wrong, your collaboration looks devoted, and i hope it will reach a nice endresults.

I dont think you did. But thanks, anyways. Having a... well, you know.... completed script is always a plus for these things.

DogmaD
05-25-2005, 09:37 AM
K....my idea (though i admit it's not reflected by my post) was to make ppl stop thinking that if Matt has no past experience he can't do it.Everyone started some day right?I wanted to pick one idea from ur post not to say that u actually think all that.Sry for the wrong exprimation .......it really bugged me the way ppl at thefore thought of him.
The point is if he would come now and give us something to proove us (though can't really think of what)that we were wrong.....all would be perfect....and in this case dunno if time will solve anything... he is not even trying to analyze the facts with us.....
Again sry....

So matt....after this week...what are the conclusions?

Yeah, ok. Well, I did say he can't do it. But what I mean to say, none of us can do something of that length without sufficient funding. It is nothing against Matt, but against making films of that length in general with that amount of CG content in it. You might be able to do it with a minimum of CG content ( still hard ), or a lot of simple space scenes. But once you enter some real CG environments, rendering time just shoots up to scary heights. I will give another example. This is a new project starting, which has a pretty good survival rate: http://orange.blender.org. Now this movie is 12-20 minutes. But they already expect it to 3 months of fulltime rendering on 10 computers ( look under sponsors ). Now, that is only say 15 minutes of content. But Matt has no less than 75 minutes of CG content at least! I don't say that he is not motivated, but how the hell is he going to fund 40 computers for a period of 3 months! You can't wave away things like that. It would be so sad if they have all the content after years of work, but not the funds or motivation to render it all at the quality they would want it to be.

So, no, i don't say he can't find a team that gets the content done. I just don't see many people funding a Star Wars feature movie, and you need funding to create that amount of CG content...

Greedo
05-25-2005, 02:25 PM
sign me up!!!

softdistortion
05-25-2005, 07:34 PM
sign me up!!!
Lets see your Ewoks then... :p

Greedo
05-28-2005, 03:57 AM
I was supposed to be working on the EWOKS.... Damn... i thought i had to do the chewbacca crashing the millenium falcon after a few beers scene!

softdistortion
05-28-2005, 04:05 AM
LOL...
*waving hand in Jedi fashion* ...You don't want to model chewbacca and the falcon...*waving hand* you want to model Ewoks.... :D

Lets get serious here... :) ...we already have a test scene with Jar Jar training with a rancor beast...We need those Ewoks!

CGTalk Moderation
05-28-2005, 04:05 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.