PDA

View Full Version : Hexagon Demo Now Available

cyartist
05-24-2005, 06:24 PM
Go get it and let me know what you think.

Link (http://www.eovia.com/resources/download_prod_hexagon.asp)

pthomas72
05-24-2005, 08:13 PM
uh... what is it?...

oh, another one.

harlan_hill
05-24-2005, 08:59 PM
After having played with the demo for a while, honestly, I'm not a fan. It has the same drawbacks as all of their other applications, an incredibly awkward interface & methodology. Sure, it seems to have a very nice toolset, but the workflow is just strange.

I'd highly recommend it based on price & feature-set if you find the interface comfortable to your style of working. It seems fairly solid - just not my cup of tea in regards to workflow, GUI, and bassackwardness.

cyartist
05-24-2005, 09:44 PM
Yet the workflow is terrible. Maybe if I get use to it i will change my mind but why do developers continue to make these awkward GUI's. The only thing I see that the price point is great. OpenGL for high polycounts is pretty good too.

pml
05-24-2005, 09:49 PM
nk an incredibly awkward interface

?? I don't see exactly what you say ,can you tell more or explain a little bit ,please ? :)

I feel confortable with this modeler for now
My interface (http://piem2.free.fr/interface.jpg)

Para
05-25-2005, 03:15 PM
After trying out the demo for some time I fail to see the greatness of this product. Some things in its workflow - like multiple objects per "scene"...in a modeling program?! :surprised - just doesn't fit to the way I'm used to model. There's also some things that yell "copied from modo" to me in this app but I guess that's ok...not my cup of tea anyways.

talos72
05-25-2005, 05:40 PM
I think for its price, this is a decent app. Actually, the tools and gui seem rather straightforward. I haven't even looked at the manual and tutorials and am figuring out a good number of the tools by the just playing around the GUI. I like that. I personally can't justify shelling out the license price for Modo (yes, endlessly debated topic). Between Hexagon, Silo and ZBrush you should have plenty of modeling capabilities and more for about the same price as Modo.

I remember when I was learning Houdini, everyone used to foo foo how it had a weird GUI and all...now it is becomming a wider used production tool in major houses and the demand for its users is growing. Not comparing Hexagon to Houdini, the point being just because a GUI is different, it doesn't mean it is a bad thing.

cyartist
05-25-2005, 10:47 PM
I like the flexibilty Hexagon gives you of using curves with polygons. Best I have seen in a App. It also works with large polygon object. Great open GL support on my system.
/P4 /2.6MHZ /1G/ATI 9800 XT

behzad
05-28-2005, 04:40 AM
It is so amazing. I think this is it for modeling.

CGTalk Moderation
05-28-2005, 04:40 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.