PDA

View Full Version : COMING SOON the 365 THREAD!

RobertoOrtiz
05-24-2005, 02:09 PM
Humm we should do something special with that thread...
Any ideas?

-R

snovak
05-24-2005, 02:39 PM
something having to do with seasons?

coCoKNIght
05-24-2005, 02:42 PM
something related to cgtalk! :)

paperclip
05-24-2005, 02:45 PM
Avatars behaving well for once..or maybe not...:twisted:

coCoKNIght
05-24-2005, 03:36 PM
Avatars behaving well for once..or maybe not...:twisted:

Now THAT's a good idea! me votes for that :scream:

Supervlieg
05-24-2005, 03:39 PM
-Go Nuts: A year of Daily Sketch Group
-Annual Avatar World War
-Guess who just turned 1

I like the idea of a avatar behaving nice party theme as well

Loulu79
05-24-2005, 04:03 PM
Hmmmm...I would say something that hasn't been done yet here...

I wonder what that is...
Maybe...more concept/painting design perhaps...:shrug:

Swizzle
05-24-2005, 04:27 PM
-Annual Avatar World WarA good strategy to drag more people into the DSG?

<-Stumbled in drunkenly, not here often enough. You need more regulars.

Don Kayote
05-24-2005, 05:56 PM
Pixel Art.

.:ZRDwD:.
05-24-2005, 06:16 PM
For 365 thread? Uhmmm... haven't a clue.
"Today's your Birthday!" *starts singing the Beatles*
:shrug:

Eh... if you got a better idea, go right ahead. :D

Besides having this special thread, how about a Vote for Your Favorite Sketch of the Year?

Art2
05-24-2005, 06:30 PM
Man, are you telling me I've been hanging around this place for almost a year?! :)

Let's send each other birthdaycards.

Ilikesoup
05-24-2005, 06:46 PM
How about Freefall (http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=146326&highlight=freefall)? Note who made the first topic suggestion. :eek:

First birthday/anniversary cards would be a good idea.

yonna
05-24-2005, 06:50 PM
- smorgasbord of topics. Choose your favorite topic of the last year and give yourself a second chance.
- No limits at all something like the go nuts suggestion supervlieg made; a tribute to creativity.
- i like that bday cards and first topic revisited suggestion.

Kvaalen
05-24-2005, 09:02 PM
Create a "Join the CGTalk Daily Sketch Group" or "The CGTalk Daily Sketch Group is 1!" poster/add/invataion/card...

robinayles
05-24-2005, 09:04 PM
- Avatar Multiple Personality Disorder group awareness meeting
- things that come in high numbers
- Avatar Class Reunion (too American an idea?)
- Avatar Annual Award Ceremony (kind of like the Oscars)
- Art2's idea of birthday cards, good idea...we could make it "A first birthday card from CGTalk Avatar(s)" if we want to make it more CGTalk related
- design a logo for "365"

We already did an Avatar New Year's party, so dunno, the Birthday party might be repetitive.
I do like the idea of picking any topic done throughout the last year - but then judging might be even more difficult than it already is, huh?

Supervleig - by the way, you changing your Avatar around lately is messing with my head. Yesterday there was no chicken, today the chicken is back, but he's different. I think my brain may implode...either that or I took too much allergy medication today! :)

Supervlieg
05-24-2005, 10:19 PM
Supervleig - by the way, you changing your Avatar around lately is messing with my head. Yesterday there was no chicken, today the chicken is back, but he's different. I think my brain may implode...either that or I took too much allergy medication today! :)

Sorry, I was in avatar limbo. Im cooled off now, so this one will probably stick for some time :D

Squibbit
05-24-2005, 10:23 PM
Avatars behaving well for once..

I vote for this one too ... IF

...we get an Avatar Battle Royale right after that cause
I haven't yet been in an avatar war and I'm thirsting for blood!

erilaz
05-25-2005, 01:11 AM
- What about romance between avatars?:D
- Something apocalyptic
- I like the idea of the "Join the DSG" propaganda - something movie posteresque

paperclip
05-25-2005, 01:20 AM
- What about romance between avatars?:D

I like it! I might even change my avatar to a female pirate for that sole purpose. Hey, I have a WIP just begging for a big, cool pirate hat...I could use that.
:beer:

Ego
05-25-2005, 06:44 AM
How this place has grown :) Have to get more active again and not get discouraged! So come on, lets celebrate.

AtmaWeapon
05-25-2005, 06:53 AM
Avatar wars sounds good. But thats diffinitely been done. A party has also been done... that one after the avatar war with beer.

I kind of the like the party one. Everyone can draw a cake or a part or a drink for a fellow DSG-er

I do have one idea...
We could do a type of a made up award show. Where give each other trophies like:
Paperclip: Award for Avatar that Is not what the name is
Art2: The please eat something because your starting to look like sticks award.

I'm sure we can have fun with just thinking them up. Basically it allows us to go back and bring up happenings of the previous year in awards. What do you guys think?

erilaz
05-25-2005, 07:15 AM
What about something grim and emotional, like "The last artist on earth" ?

TheTon
05-25-2005, 10:17 AM
hey! I love the idea of an avatar romance (although after Robinayles' avatar party, I dare say we should watch out for her...It could all get messy!!)

How about:

Paint with your other hand

The brain of CGTalk

Avatar Soccer (although maybe we should save this til the World Cup next year)

The CGTalk Inaugural Ball (My fave)!!

Art2
05-25-2005, 10:42 AM

Teehee, you should tell that to my wife! :D

paperclip
05-25-2005, 10:45 AM

Confusing, isn't it? :twisted: :D

El-Rodente
05-25-2005, 01:22 PM
Sorry, I was in avatar limbo. Im cooled off now, so this one will probably stick for some time :D

but this one disappears!

and... how about a week long grid based thingy

we have a 6x6 grid, and each person makes a square, but roberto makes the first one, and here's the catch, roberto posts it with most of it, except for maybe a 12 pixel border (the grid squares are all either 100x100 or 200x200 pixels, otherwise it gets too big) and people HAVE to do one next to it, and match up the edges too, then when all the edges of one are covered, it is revealed. eh?

eh?

Loulu79
05-25-2005, 04:10 PM
Good grief....everybody has their own avatar....I need to get one ASAP! :cry:
Damn I am slow at this...:sad:

CodeNothing
05-25-2005, 05:39 PM
"My year in a day" You have one day to draw a single image/collage/or series of images that describe your life in the past year.

stepington
05-25-2005, 05:56 PM
How about 3d anaglyphs!! - (drawn of course)

free non-commercial anaglyph software may be found here (http://z-graphix.com/anaglyph/zanag_en.htm) -

Kalorlo
05-25-2005, 09:22 PM
How about take a set time limit (30 mins, 1 hr, something like that) and paint as many little thumbnails as you can in that time on the topic. And all your thumbnails have to fit on a single 800x600 page. Maximum size of thumbnail = 400x300, so you have to do at least 4.

Alternatively, leave in the condition of using thumbnails, but don't set a time limit.

The topic could just be "Birthdays - thumbnails". Or something else relatively broad. Anniversaries, celebrations, festivals?

RobertoOrtiz
05-25-2005, 09:43 PM
Avatar wars sounds good. But thats diffinitely been done. A party has also been done... that one after the avatar war with beer.

I kind of the like the party one. Everyone can draw a cake or a part or a drink for a fellow DSG-er

I do have one idea...
We could do a type of a made up award show. Where give each other trophies like:

I'm sure we can have fun with just thinking them up. Basically it allows us to go back and bring up happenings of the previous year in awards. What do you guys think?

I like you idea of awards...

-R

paperclip
05-27-2005, 02:58 AM
So, are we going to go for the 'awards'?

I'm already thinking up an award for erilaz..hehe...it may or may not have something to do with UT tournaments and 'comping'...

CodeNothing
05-27-2005, 06:02 PM
yea, an awards show sounds good. we should do a image of a trophy ahead of time so everyone can cut and paste it into their artwork so we are at least all at the same show. :)

erilaz
05-30-2005, 01:12 AM
yea, an awards show sounds good. we should do a image of a trophy ahead of time so everyone can cut and paste it into their artwork so we are at least all at the same show.

Why not just use the sketch award trophy? :)

CGTalk Moderation
05-30-2005, 01:12 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.