PDA

View Full Version : file size is too large

jazzman121
10-12-2002, 10:36 PM
ok i have one clip with is about 4 GB... thing is i want to import it into combustion and then increase the speed soo that everything will move fast and the clip will be onlyabout 1 minitue long... but combustion wont let me import it... coz it says file size to big... does anyone have a soluion? anysoftware for cutting the clips into pices?thanks

CColtManM
10-13-2002, 06:31 AM
Adobe Premire. I did a 1.2 or something gig once. Just work slow and be very patient.

jazzman121
10-13-2002, 09:43 PM
it doesnt get slow....... it just gives an error when i import the file gives an error and doesnt allow me to import it...

wireFrame
10-14-2002, 02:17 AM
I don't think you'd be able to slow that down in combustion even if you're able to open it. You need an editing software like edit* to do timestretching/timewarps.

phatgroovn
10-14-2002, 03:45 AM
you can do a little bit of time warping, in the footage controls you can speed up or slow down a clip. However if you try to get extreme with it, it looks like arse. To do a nice smooth warp, check out RealViz's ReTimer or Twixtor.

beaker
10-14-2002, 08:26 AM
Are any of your drives Fat32? Fat32 has a 4 gig file size limit, so this could cause problems if either the file is on a Fat32 drive or maybe the cache is on one.

Another thing I would suggest is to make the big movie file sequential images. Compositors load sequentials 10x faster than a bunch of big movie files. This will get rid of your file size limitations too.

jazzman121
10-15-2002, 05:45 AM
waoahhhhh thanks i dint think about that...... :)

Fede
10-15-2002, 08:37 AM
Hey

The limit kind of lies with the OS, as said above if you have fat32 drives there is a 2gig limit, if however you are running NTFS you should not have a problem.

The problem is that there is a limit in the Video-For-Windows compatible AVI v1. Open DML version 2 AVIs can be unlimited size but, but in order for C* to use these it would have to utilise the DirectShow media system to be able to read and write these. The DirectShow media is used by many of the other apps, Edit, Premier Avid ect, thats why they haven't got these issues.

So to be more precise the limit would be within C* and not the os.

As suggested the image sequence would be your best bet or make clips of less than 1 gig each with your ediyor.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 08:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.