PDA

View Full Version : Day of the Dead (the Remake?)

greynite1
05-24-2005, 12:44 AM
Well Jeez just as we were making all happy that Land of the dead was made and in the can we find out the rabid remaking posse are getting ready to remake another awesome zombie movie. I guess it was inevitable because Dawn of the dead did so well. Heres hoping they can pull out another success Link here

http://www.creature-corner.com/?type=news&id=614

Lunatique
05-24-2005, 11:52 AM
I dunno. Day of the Dead doesn't really feel that dated yet. I mean, it was made in mid-80's--that's not really old enough to warrant a remake.

RFX
05-24-2005, 06:47 PM
The only way i would be happy with a remake of Day of the Dead would be if they used Romero's original script, AND Romero supervised it, i wouldn't mind if someone else directed it, just as long as Romero supervised it, i really liked the Night of the Living Dead remake from 1990, but the new Dawn Of the Dead remake was utter cow crap.

Frank Lake
05-24-2005, 08:21 PM
A new Day of the Dead remake wouldn't be to bad, even if Romero didn't direct it. And before you say HERESAY just watch his current up coming LotD before saying otherwise. His skills have probably gone downhill.

The Dawn of the Dead remake was one of the best movies last year, though Shawn o the Dead was right up there, and is VERY well made.

DB3D
05-24-2005, 08:28 PM
if they get the director who did the dawn of the dead remake i will be very pleased. I love romeros movies, but they are dated. I hate all this crap about how meaniful they should be to people. ITS A FREAKIN ZOMBIE MOVIE.

CArnold03
05-25-2005, 12:38 AM
If the a remake of the Day of the Dead doesn't have the Bud & Doctor factor and follows the continum of the Dawn of the Dead remake then I know I'd love to see it.

BradT
05-25-2005, 05:47 PM
Are some of you saying that you prefer the remake of dawn to the original? I guess I really am old.

RFX
05-25-2005, 06:54 PM
I for one still prefer the original Dawn a thousand times over the remake, even the cartoon blood ;) from itm plus it was Tom Savini, and he rocks ;)

CGTalk Moderation
05-25-2005, 06:54 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.