PDA

View Full Version : Drider

JOAS
12-19-2001, 10:55 PM
this is my first attempt at a 3D character, I am starting others and would appreciate critiques on this one before I start others... I'm not happy with the texture over the spider half and so that will have to change....but please tell me what you think

http://members.shaw.ca/JOAS/drider8.jpg

sigma
12-19-2001, 11:13 PM
Fix the url, the image isnt coming thru.

JOAS
12-19-2001, 11:18 PM
there it should be working now....thanks sigma

lildragon
12-19-2001, 11:33 PM
Geocities, doesn't allow external linking, you would have to copy and paste this link in the addy bar

http://geocities.com/j0b1/drider8.jpg

for a first try that's some mighty fine work, the expression on his face is very good, nice hands to btw ;)

Taoizm
12-19-2001, 11:41 PM
That's coming along really nice. Couple of places where the mapping seems to breakdown, but overall a really nice character. What's the back story? Good, evil?

sigma
12-19-2001, 11:49 PM
now the page is unavailable. Dam Geocities!

:rolleyes: :p

JOAS
12-20-2001, 01:11 AM
having a few problems there but I think everything should be working now

taoizm: he's actually the good guy in the clip

alben
12-20-2001, 03:11 AM
hey joe!!! its me Benny!! Like I said before, good job.

sigma
12-20-2001, 03:40 AM
nice character JOAS. He has a demonic look in his eye. I think the abs need a bit more work. Those legs are awesome tho. I bet animating him will be quite a challenge. You got any pet spiders? :D

nice work

vertex
12-20-2001, 05:44 AM
Good looking character, I like it. have you tried scaling down the upper torso, head and arms so that they are in scale with the width of his waist, I think he would look more imposing due to the increased presence his legs would get.

Very cool

Kadde
12-20-2001, 10:13 AM
i liked it. he seems to be madly evil .

i noted the mouth corners, its seems too sharp.
i could add more polys to the arms, just to smooth a little.

keep up the good work

XanBob
12-20-2001, 10:00 PM
Hey man, awesome looking character!! I was wondering, what software did u use? If it's max.... render it with VRay!!!! It'll look amazing with GI and DOF :D Keep it up.

-XanBob

el gatto
12-20-2001, 10:11 PM
Cool, it looks great, Like Taoizm said there's a Couple of places where the mapping seems to breakdown but that's easy to fix. for a first character this is very good.

It will be fun to animate ! 8 legs plus two arms... wow... :p

ciao

Markfuscius
12-21-2001, 01:01 AM
Well, first off, when you say you want to change leg textures: I wouldn't. You've got a great spider feel going with that texture.
Second: I know DnD is vast and variable, but how does a Drider become the good guy?! Or is it not the same kind of Drider as in DnD (I know I'd use that pic if I had to describe a Drider to a bunch of PCs).
Well, other than that, every1 else has alrdy sed wut needs to be said...
Keep up the good work! ^_^

JOAS
12-21-2001, 02:18 AM
thanks alot everyone for your critiques...... I think I know some changes to make now....

Xanbob: I used XSI, just the inprogram render.....not too smart yet with all of that, if anyone is an xsi wiz I wouldn't mind your two bits.

markfuscious: well, I did get the idea from the forgoten realms books, but the animation I've storyboarded has nothing to do with it at all.....but when you watch the film, you won't really know who is good and who isn't....

and no I don't have a pet spider....

thanks again all!

parallax
12-21-2001, 11:57 AM
really good, texture a bit stretched though.

Daxx
01-17-2002, 11:09 PM
Good Model!!! and less texture......like a plastic men-spider

:)

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 01:26 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.