PDA

View Full Version : Spawn: The Animation

mora
05-23-2005, 09:00 PM
http://spawn.com/entertainment/spawnanimation/bts.aspx

Todd Mcfarlane's new project WIP

Spankspeople
05-23-2005, 09:36 PM
Todd McFarlane Productions in association with Todd McFarlane Entertainment and Film Roman (FR) agreed to re-introduce Spawn to the world of animation through a feature-length direct-to-DVD movie. Going the “direct-to-DVD” route allowed us the freedom to tell the type of story I’d envisioned, without being hampered by any restrictions on the story content. Whatever I wanted to see onscreen would be there.

Finally, someone has caught on to this. That makes me incredibly happy.

Every show that I've watched in the last few years I've either bought on DVD, or downloaded. By selling each individual copy of the show on DVD, the studio likely makes more money than they would from showing it on television, and the viewers have a higher quality hard copy that they can watch whenever they want, without the hassle of commercials. Add to that the fact that they don't have to worry so much about television content laws, and they can get away with creating the shows that they want, rather than the shows that the networks tell them to make.

I look forward to seeing this, as I rather enjoyed the first Spawn miniseries, and I hope that it leads to a lot more of this kind of content in the future.

CGTalk Moderation
05-23-2005, 09:36 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.