PDA

View Full Version : Urgent: Head Modelling Problem


Strived
05-23-2005, 06:57 PM
I have currently just finished spline modelling the face for one of my characters. For the back of the head I used a sphere, and then arranged the vertices to be in close proximity to the face vertices border. I turned the sphere into an editable poly. Now I need to convert the face to an editable poly to attach it to the sphere, but whenever I try to convert it the poly count increases by at least a 36x amount. I am trying to figure out what is going wrong.

I have a surface modifier on the line, and I've tried to collapse both together and convert the editable patch, but the problem above happened. If I delete the surface, and change the line to an editable poly than only the vertices of the eyes actually form polygons.

I need urgent help, since my deadline is tomorrow and applying the bones, and rigging still need to be done.

Strived
05-23-2005, 07:42 PM
I have actually found the source of the problem. For future reference, if anyone encounters this problem it was due to the Path Topology steps having to be set to 0. Even though I've been using Max for a few months now, like usual with Max every experience is a different one.

Thanks anyway.

CGTalk Moderation
05-23-2005, 07:42 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.