PDA

View Full Version : How can i get movie style texts?

naiyo
05-23-2005, 06:43 PM
I can I get texts to look more like professional movie text in Premier or AF? The text that I use now is too shape and stands out too much. I would like to get text that match the movie more. ? I use Premier more so if it can be done in Premier that would be helpful.

tuomok
05-23-2005, 07:43 PM
Hi,

if you mean opening credits kind of graphical texts, I must recommend AE over Premier on this.

Try this:
Add a text layer over your footage and type in your text using a simple grotest typeface. Place the text over a dark area of the frame and use a color picker to choose a suitable light color from the frame itself to the text. Change opacity to say 80% and change default "normal" blend mode to "add". Looking nice eh?

To make your text match the mood even more, use a slight 2pix drop shadow with the color of the text with zero distance. So now your shadow is actually a subtle glow...

Next thing you know, you'll be adding fades and blurs to your typography animation. Be careful, you may suddenly notice you've been playing with it for dozens of hours...

Have fun.

naiyo
05-23-2005, 07:55 PM
yes i mean opening credits and thanks for the help i'm going to try it now.

CGTalk Moderation
05-23-2005, 07:55 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.