PDA

View Full Version : sweat beads form on the side of a face ???

pearl3d
05-23-2005, 03:55 PM
hello all, i am currently working on a project and i need to do
In a single close up shot of a man's face, two sweat beads form on the

side of his face and begin to drip down his face. As the music builds,

the sweat beads begin to take on individual characteristics and 'race'

down his face.....

i have already the video with the mans face so i need to do the rest...i was thinking using 3d studio max and then combustion but i dont know if it will works

any help ?

Rapier
05-24-2005, 02:35 PM
I would suppose you could use Max to generate and animate the beads, and then output that animation to be used both as reflective element as well as a displacement map. render out your beads in a Multipass config., and then set the background to R127, G127, B127 (50% grey) and rerender to be used as a displacement map to simulate refraction. You may also be able to use the video as a background plate inside Max, allowing you to model a headfor them to slide down accurately, and using Max's built in refraction instead of faking it in post.

pearl3d
06-01-2005, 08:51 PM
i am trying to do the beads really subtle and
tranluscent, like stained glass rather than solid....any help to do that...i started to do the material in photoshop it doesnt look very good

pearl3d
06-06-2005, 11:49 AM
any help to do a realistic texture for beads ???

CGTalk Moderation
06-06-2005, 11:49 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.