PDA

View Full Version : 3000 $ to spend

ARSA
02-16-2002, 12:09 PM
Ok this is it, i own 3,000 $ to buy a computer, but i dont know exactly which one to buy...Logical I want a machine for 3d art works.modeling,rendering,etc............(games,sometimes)

and another thing, im thinking in buy an HP...but i see this other company SGI, i think its mean silicon grafix or something like taht.
the deal is that, im hanging whith this.and i dont know if that is a good company.

im sure that the hp im turn in to buy, is a good one for 3000 $,its a 2.2 intel pentium procesor, 1000 sdram,(i think) 2x512 memory slots.19 inch monitor,a good sound card and a good speaker system.video card its a nvidia gforce3 ati 500,

thas is an overview of the sys, with out mention the cd rom drive and the dvd D.

whats better............................i still thinking that for that chunk of money i can get some thing more and i will not be paying for the model(hp)brand.................but part of the problem is taht i think thats the best company.........thast me...ok

and at last which its better ATLON OR PENTIUM.....?

=============================================
^-^ ARSA ^-^

jjburton
03-06-2002, 05:00 AM
If I had $3000 to spend, I'd get a 3dboxx system. For that much you could get a dual processor amd system with a new quadro 4 750XGL and a gig of ram. It doesn't come with a monitor, but with you'd still have enough to buy one or two (depending on the quality). I just priced one and it was 2700 for a dual athalon 1600, 1.0 gig or ram, 40 gig drive, 750xgl Quadro 4 128meg card, good sound card and mouse and keyboard. For a monitor, go with a Samsung, I've got a 19 inch and I've had it for 3 years and I've never had any problems with it. Hope that helps. To find the 3dboxx site, go to the CG Channel home page and look at the tech article on BOXX systems.

underdog
03-06-2002, 06:22 AM
Id just build my own...you could do alot with $3000

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 01:39 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.