PDA

View Full Version : what are cg's effects on the movie industry in artistic ways?

BenjaminC
05-23-2005, 01:27 AM
I have to do a research paper on cg's effects on the movie/entertainment industry in artistic ways. What i would like to know the most are how cg is creating new ways to make movies and what old ways are being replaced. What kind of people is CG bringing into the movie/entertainment industry..more artists or more technical people? any other comments/opinions on CG's effects on the movie/entertainment industry in artistic ways would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Lunatique
05-23-2005, 03:53 AM
Go watch the film What Dreams May Come with Robin Willaims.

Peddy
05-23-2005, 04:11 AM
oh hell yeah luna, and suddenly i feel like watching that movie again.
for the most part, one can see that its being used simply to create effects and environments, such as the new star wars. But then again, the old star wars have better special effects in my opinion (considering whats available at the time and how effectively it was used).

I'm not sure how much of Waking Life is CG, but its still using it for artistic purposes.

BenjaminC
05-23-2005, 04:47 AM
thanks, ill check it out.

it would be helpful to have opinions relating to the thread question too .

jmBoekestein
05-24-2005, 08:05 PM
You could start by going to the mouth that feeds the hand :D, see what the tendency is amongst software developers. After that you cn build some roadmap[ for the future probably.
I think inevitably the people going into film cg are probably somewhat technical, in the way that they pick up new things fast. :)

CGTalk Moderation
05-24-2005, 08:05 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.