PDA

View Full Version : U.N soldier finished

xtrm3d
10-12-2002, 01:17 PM
:p
well..
i juste finished my " U.N soldier 2053 AD "
he got black cybereye..and the redish area on his face ar coming from his "C.R.S" stygmata ( cyber rejection syndrome )

i was not aiming for realismus or for cel shader..
more a european style approache to animé style..( see euromanga comic )

hope you like him..
comment and critique are welcome http://www.xtrm3d.com/temp/un-soldat-final.jpg :wavey:

WarpedMinds
10-12-2002, 01:27 PM
the modelling part is amazing, but I don't think the colours really fit =| why would you be out in the streets peace keeping etc.. in bright blue? The UN don't usually get special uniforms for their job, their just normal troops fighting for the UN and wear the badge. IF you wanna say this is a very futuristic UN soldier then i would choose a grey/black camo scheme or plain white (the colour they paint they're vehicles)

other than that the modelling is superb :)

DXtreme
10-12-2002, 03:18 PM
hey christophe....
::::::::::::::::::::::
the modelling is quiet good, as usual i think...
one thing i saw: on the last pose,where the left arm is in front..
i just thought the elbow works a little bit unnatural!
,or the other version, the bizeps is very dominant!
anyway thats the only thing i could say to the model!
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
now the colour: i must agree with WarpedMind!
i think they to bright...dark colors would be better in my opinion..not only camo, but dark colors!
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
design: the design is interesting, but the armor is to less i think....
i think that peacekeepers in the future must be very armored, when you look at the situation today....
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
o.k. hope you can imagine what i thought!

keep going!

fawazr
10-13-2002, 07:48 AM
wait. don't peace keepers actually wear blue? Fashion preferences aside, I respect the color scheme that you have going. I've watched this model take shape from your initial wip and although I liked the menacing, meaner looking head that you had before, I'm glad to see that the model is completed and looks as good as it does. I'm really glad you stuck with your concepts.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Some Guy
10-13-2002, 08:49 AM
Actually the U.N. uses Blue helmets and regular uniforms gray/black or tan/brown. In the Future the whole thing may be blue who knows. Interesting piece.

D. Phoenix
10-13-2002, 10:16 AM
Very interesting.

Will you post some bigger pictures? The body armor, pouches, and boots are well done.

-D. Phoenix

RobinOberg
10-13-2002, 11:12 AM
he has no neck, and that makes him look very comedical...

Hollis J Wood
10-13-2002, 11:42 AM
When I did my U.N. tour in Cyprus we drove around in white APCs with the blue U.N. on them, and had the blue helmet and flak vest, so the colour for the armour and helmet is accurate.

prayas
10-13-2002, 12:56 PM
Pretty cool finish here. You did it. May we see a larger render and maybe some pose work? I don't know now what pose.
Does a peacekeeper need a gun?

You know my opinion of this right now but maybe he would look pretty good with one.

P..:

eagle300
10-13-2002, 01:07 PM
hehehehe. love the U.N.'s "camo tank." nothing like a bright white target in the woods. That U.N. bunch definately knows a lot about how to go into battle...in a white tank and bright blue hats. excellent!

mushroomgod
10-13-2002, 01:42 PM
he looks realy cool :applause:

fawazr
10-13-2002, 04:14 PM
being that they're UN peacekeepers, the idea isn't to be great guerrilla fighters veiled in the concealment of camo. They're realy just a presence and nothing more... kinda like cops walking the beat. I still love the model though. I'd like to see it animated :thumbsup:

xtrm3d
10-13-2002, 09:37 PM
humm... well..
they are light armored cause they have to serve in hot clima..
for the color shema.. i think i stay with this.. cause

-1 : i have for 10 year to " work " for the frenche army in hot area.. alongside with these guy.. and they where wearing someting like these color

-2 : as i say in my wip thread .. i go for a comic look .. not a real one..

and here you get a bigger renderibng as requested..
hope you like it..
if you want some wireframe.. let me know :-)
http://www.xtrm3d.com/temp/finalebig.jpg :D

prayas
10-13-2002, 09:50 PM
THX for the bigger render! I can see clearly now!
Don't know if the gun really works for the style you got in the image right now!

P..:

xtrm3d
10-13-2002, 09:57 PM
upppsss.. dont understand me wrong please..
i was only for 2 year in the army and this 10 year ago :hmm:

thanx prayas to ask on icq

WarpedMinds
10-13-2002, 11:04 PM
very true that they wear blue, it seems more fitting now, but i would like to see it in a lighter baby blue like their berrets are.. also maybe make up a dark grey version of camo over the whole thing.. just to see what it's like? i think that would be cool

great job again :bounce:

cat3dgraphx
10-13-2002, 11:37 PM
I Thought they are great.

What programs did you use?

CAT

xtrm3d
10-14-2002, 09:27 AM
thank you..
i use lw 7,5:D

zeb
10-14-2002, 10:28 AM
good program for a very good job :)

keep up and animate him :bounce: :bounce:

xtrm3d
10-14-2002, 10:35 AM
hey zeb...
je vien juste de downloader tes morpions... enfibn tes animation .. pas tes morpion .. lol ..

ca assure un max..,, j addore le shading et l animation.. et j aime bien le fait que ils soient garder minimaliste....

super super super

c est fait avec quel soft .. juste par curiosite ?

tu crois que ca vault le coup d´envoyer un cv dans ta boite en ce moment ?
:shrug:

zeb
10-14-2002, 10:38 AM
héhé merci

c fait sous lightwave :shrug: :shrug:

mais en ce moment bof bof pour du taf... on est une ch'tite equipe (4 personnes) et ont a encore pas mal de marge avant d'etre deborder...

Mais cela peut evoluer tout depend de la conjoncture

xtrm3d
10-14-2002, 10:41 AM
alor la moi je dis chapeaux.. le shader bleu assure trop...
sans plug ?
une chance de jetter un oeuille sur le setting .. du shader des morback ?

zeb
10-14-2002, 10:45 AM
héhé on devrait écrire en private je crois :)

enfin bon la texture du morback c ultra simple ... c fait avec un gradient en incidence tout simplement ... et le rendu etant en radiosité les valeurs sont très détaillées.

proton
10-14-2002, 01:19 PM
LightWave Guru you are....hmmmm

Chewey
10-14-2002, 02:04 PM
Nice work on the model. Pretty comical looking uniform with the shorts but that's the U.N for you.

Real fearsome and intimidating those UN dudes!

lmao!

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 07:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.