PDA

View Full Version : FXWars! CarCrash! COLT (HYBRID)

colt
05-22-2005, 08:34 PM
I'll give this one a try. Don't think I'll get a finished entry in time, IMHO the challenge is too complex for one month left. But I'll try some things and want to share them with you.

Before modelling and stuff, I started with some simulation tests to see if I can pull of this thing.

Here's a first test. Maybe I'll go for a mega crash on the highway with lots and lots of cars involved. So this simulation is not to complex when dealing with a single cars damage, but I can set up and simulate lots of cars pretty easily. At the moment I only use simplistic stand-ins, fof a final I'd use simple versions of the cars used as wrap deformers for a more high poly version.

test01 (http://www.uni-weimar.de/%7Erehberg/challenge/crasht_01.mov) Quicktime, 200 kbyte

Oh yeah, and good luck to everyone.

Sir_Vuclan
05-22-2005, 10:35 PM
nice test.

looks like you know what yer doing.

good luck to ya. If its going to be anything like your roller coaster I think I'm going to quit now...:)

ivanisavich
05-23-2005, 12:35 AM
Hey colt....

Loved the stuff you've entered in the previous contests...good luck with this one!

CGTalk Moderation
05-23-2005, 12:35 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.