PDA

View Full Version : First dabble in Shake

Nerra
05-22-2005, 07:53 PM
Well I finally had my first dabble in Shake today. I worked through a sort of introductory tutorial. I'm really used to working with layers in AE and the layout of AE and so I've never worked with a node based compositing program like DF or Shake. i must say its not as intimidating as i thought it would be and I'm enjoying it. I havent done anything really technical yet but so far it does seem quite fast.

I'm not gonna ask if its better than AE cos from what I understand both apps are generally used for different things, So i'm not learning it to replace AE but just to add to my skill set as it were.
What kind of work would you say is better to do in shake as apposed to AE?

interference
05-25-2005, 10:42 AM
both software are good, and have their disadvantages, AE is nice for motion graphics, cause it has a good view of the timeline, and you can edit simple things for your layers very quickly, positions; rotations....and shake is very good for compositing, better than AE... because with the nodal workflow you have, for the same layer, multiple outputs and inputs, and a very good view of your composition, all the steps are showed in one view... but you can do nearly the same things in both sofwares... depends how you like to work !

CGTalk Moderation
05-25-2005, 10:42 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.