PDA

View Full Version : FXWars! CarCrash! 3DBLASPHEMY (REALISTIC)

blasphemy3_d
05-22-2005, 05:44 PM
GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!

I am currentlly searching Ford Mustang 69 Boss 302 blueprints :love:

blasphemy3_d
05-26-2005, 01:10 AM
Hi again.

I am currentlly working in the model of the first car. It is almos done but the material. I want now to add some dust on it and make some reflections and blend masks. I am going to make a crash with two cars inveolved. One is it. A Ford Mustangī69 BOSS 302 :love:. The other car is a Police car. I am going to use an enviorement like the one in erminator 2 or The car race in Greese. Sorry but I donīt know the name of this location. I think that it is at LA. Not sure.

Here is a first render with the car completlly new.It is a very quick render after 10 hours hard modelling.. I am going to post some Shots form the viewport too. I will post some like a storyboard as soon as I have it done.

HOPE you like it!!!
http://www.3dblasphemy.com/fxwars_2.jpg
http://www.3dblasphemy.com/fxwars_1.jpg

As ussual C&C are wellcome!!!

fmahalem
05-26-2005, 06:36 AM
cant wait to see it crashing!!! the model looks insane, the render too! :drool:

Roux
05-26-2005, 10:51 AM
Holy XXXX!

10 hours modelling and a first render. PPPPLLLLLease tell me that there is some post work in the final pic:eek:

blasphemy3_d
05-26-2005, 10:59 AM
Ey yes!

I always make a little postpro work with my renders. Render time about 2,25 min.

thenks for the comments.

jigu
05-26-2005, 12:20 PM
looking at ur wires.......with so many polys u probably gonna get gr8 deformation result.but u have to make proxy object to see ur car in reactor preview weindow.if u r gonna use reactor for deformation.keep it up!!1:thumbsup:

blasphemy3_d
05-26-2005, 03:14 PM
Yes.

The tesselation you can see in the image is only used for near renders. I have 3 differents levels of detail for the dinamic scene. Anyway I am still thinking about how exactlly I am gonna do it.

SimonReeves
05-30-2005, 11:10 AM
hmm gonna have to watch this one, good luck :)

blasphemy3_d
06-02-2005, 08:03 PM
Hi again

Well, I have no time to work in the scene but I am currentlly testing things like render, enviorement, and things like that.

Here is render test about the final look of the sequence. It is a WIP, I mean, I know the car (http://www.103092804.com/Release3/linkredirect.php?h=40005,605850,1117738994) neither the enviorement are complete but I think that it is a good moment to show you this.

Hope you like it!
As ussual, C&C are wellcome!

http://www.3dblasphemy.com/test.jpg

http://www.3dblasphemy.com/TEST.mov (1.5mb)

ScottageCheese
06-02-2005, 08:29 PM
2 things...

1 - F*CKING GORGEOUS

2 - I QUIT!!!

i dont even want to see what you have up your sleeve for the crashing.....

blasphemy3_d
06-02-2005, 09:03 PM
Ey ScottageCheese

I still have not started to work with the crash. I only can say that what I have in mind is very very difficult. I havent done any test still and Iīm affraid that it is going to be very difficult to do something better that somthing I have seen here around. I have seen some amazing test man. It is gonna be a very very difficult work.

Pete81
06-02-2005, 09:33 PM
Absolutely beautiful :). Cant wait to see when you smash that :D.

How long it took to render that test animation and what kind computer you have? I have always wanted to do some car animations but my comp is way too lousy...

blasphemy3_d
06-02-2005, 10:15 PM
Hi Pete81

I am currentlly working with a P4 Dual 2.8 with 3 GB. I am only adjusting tones in render so I have only one layer composite. Well, to be honest I have two. One for the particles. Nothing more. 2 minutes/frame render. And a few seconds to compose it. Anyway it is this way because it is a test. The final composite will have more layers, that.s for sure!

Thanks for your coments :)

Ac0rN
06-02-2005, 10:20 PM
love your stuff.. extremly realistic man, must've taken long time to render? hehe :)

edit: 2 minutes/frame?? damn!

artman50
06-02-2005, 10:59 PM
estas usando mental ray ? vray... mmmm magnificos renders !

blasphemy3_d
06-02-2005, 11:11 PM
Vray Artman

artman50
06-03-2005, 01:54 AM
btw i have send you a PM .

jigu
06-03-2005, 03:54 AM
ohh my goodness!! amazing :thumbsup: !! btw car is composited in real footage or environment is modeled!!

BTW, where is the driver?:rolleyes: :twisted:

good luck dude!! i hope my files will help u to make a car crash!!

and waiting for ur car crash!!
i m will be watch this very closely!!
anyway i m not gonna quit this challange after looking at ur test!!
remember if u make right crash u probably win this challange!!

good luck!!:thumbsup: :scream:

KARRYPOTTER
06-03-2005, 10:38 AM
holy shit!!! thatīs just amazing, keep up the good job man :)

blasphemy3_d
06-03-2005, 01:40 PM
Yes the_jigu (http://www.cgtalk.com/member.php?u=128412) vbmenu_register("postmenu_2349268", true); I am still thinking about what will I do. The peopleīs jobs are very inspiring in fact. Thanks for the coments :)

bRuNuShky
06-03-2005, 02:06 PM
Woo realy and simply impresive... The enviroments the ligthning and the car rulez!!!
your realy rocks..I cant wait to see how this beautiful car end the ride....

Well get it up plis ... see ya

SuperMax
06-03-2005, 05:04 PM
Why this car is automatic
It's systematic
It's hydromatic
Why it's grease lightning (Grease lightning)

We'll get some overhead lifters and some four barrel quads
oh yeah
(Keep talking whoa keep talking)
A fuel injection cutoff and chrome plated rods oh yeah
(I'll get the money I'll kill to get the money)
With a four speed on the floor they'll be waiting at the door
You know that ain't no sh*t we'll be getting lots of tit
In Grease Lightning
Go, go, go, go, go, go, go, go, go, go

Go grease lightning you're burning up the quarter mile
(Grease lightning go grease lightning)
Go grease lightning you're coasting through the heat lap trial
You are supreme the chicks'll cream for grease lightning
Go, go, go, go, go, go, go, go, go, go

rquinn
06-03-2005, 07:27 PM
omg i quit too
i am becoming a caddy
**** this 3d stuff with maniacs like him!
HAHA
GREAT STUFF DUDE
I WANNA KNOW ABOUT THE ENVIRONNEMENT
HOW AND HOW
LOL

blasphemy3_d
06-03-2005, 07:54 PM
The enviorement is very very simple. The one I have used in the test is incomplete but it is almos finished right now. It ghas very low polys and I have tried to to get obssessed with the detail. I only wanted to win a good sense and ambient.

Thanks for youe coments :)

greyface
06-03-2005, 08:32 PM
Very impressive! You managed to get that "imperfect realism" in it which makes it look real - and I have no idea how you did without using any post effects. Or did you :)?

desty

blasphemy3_d
06-03-2005, 09:52 PM
Yes man. As I told before, I allways use some post effects. In fact, I work always having in mind that kind of proccess. That is a part of that that you call inperfection and I think that it is an important part of reality.

Thanks for your coments!

Roux
06-04-2005, 02:48 AM
Holy Crap!

Can I just say that you completely suck! Its guys like you that keep me working on boring web sites and word templates for a living:thumbsup:

You may have answered this already but are you using lightwave or MAX?

Is your post work mainly bloom and colour corrections?

blasphemy3_d
06-04-2005, 07:07 PM
I am using MAX and yes, I am basiclly adding some glare and bloom effects + veried color correction.

Thanks for your coments :)

slime
06-04-2005, 09:21 PM
3DBlasphemy is the master! :bowdown:
The crash is the main part and it's gonna be really tricky to get the same quality level as you are currently delivering :) As I told you in DBF, I think that instead of rigid body simulations with reactor or symcloth, I would change the model to create some morph targets on two or three steps and then throw some pieces (like a wheel) with reactor and do the rest with particles (debris, dust, sparks, etc).
Keep the great work!!

jigu
06-05-2005, 04:02 AM
ohh man i m crying after looking ur test!:cry:

jigu
06-06-2005, 07:32 AM
ohh man i can't stop playing ur clip and can't stop crying!! lol!!

do u create the cg environment or is car composited in real background?

blasphemy3_d
06-06-2005, 09:43 AM
Ey thanks for your coments.

It is fully 3d scene. I will post some enviorement renders and wires asap I have some free time. I am really affraid that I have not enought time ton finish it like I would like :shrug: ... I cry too when I see some of the peopleīs simulation including yours the_jigu...

Thanks again!

jigu
06-06-2005, 11:32 AM
As it seems that u can't get so many privatemessages becoz of ur inbox full.

blasphemy3_d
06-06-2005, 01:44 PM
Hi.

Well, I Thinks tha tif you are looking for a job the jobs section herre in CGtalk can be very usefull for you man. Yo need a portfolio that shows what are you able to do. Mos of people working in CG from home are working in architect renders. Workin from home for a videogame, film or publicity company is very difficult because this kind of jobs require a team. It is very difficult to become a team member from your home. The job oportunity deppends basiclly of 3 questions:

-your Talent
-Where do you live
-A bit of luck (your CV falling in the right hands in the right moment)

Thanks for your interest.
My mailbox is empty now. If you have some more question please, write me there.

jason-slab
06-06-2005, 04:24 PM
boy am i glad i didn't enter this one, thats really good work man!! u gota make the time to finish it!

good luck
|jason

blasphemy3_d
06-06-2005, 10:36 PM
Hi all again and thanks for your coments.

I have the total animation almost ready to start render, post and effects. It is gonna be about 9 different views. I will upload one frame everytime I have it done. I have left the effects (smoke, flares....) for last. The camera is on the floor a the car across the view quicklly so the backgroun is on focus.

C&C are wellcome

Hope you like it
http://www.3dblasphemy.com/P01_V01.jpg

Gangstashers
06-07-2005, 01:55 AM
WHOLY! ok ok since evyone has done the WHOLY F*** and the OMG! :eek: :eek: ! Reply's for me :D.

I only have a few questions tough... How did you make the smoke when the car is riding.. how long did it actluly take you to make the enviorment. And.. how did you make the enviorment?! It looks so real!! How did you make it look so real?! And can u post some wireframes? or some tests you did before posting this. did you just use max or also other softwares?

k that's about it...

and erhmm again.. WHOLT SH**!

Sheherryar

blasphemy3_d
06-07-2005, 09:45 AM
-The smoke. THe smoke while car is ridding is simple particles. Currentlly the smoke only goes out form the rear wheels. It still needs some work.

-The enviorement. I spent about one hole day to get some that made me happy. Once I have the base enviorement (basic geometry and textures) I divide the scene deppending on shots. After that I pay atention to each shot and I add any kind of detail I think it needs. The vegetation, the building in the background... The rest is only render and color correction. I wil post some wires and any kind of material whe it is finished. Right now I have no time to make this kind of things. I want to finish the scene man :)

-Softwares. 3DsMax, render with Vray, texturing with photoshop and postproduced with Combustion.

Thanks for your coments and your interest....

jigu
06-07-2005, 11:29 AM
i have sent u a pm plz read it.

JeffPatton
06-07-2005, 10:15 PM
I really hate to post non-constructive comments...but I just have to say your animation (and renders) here have blown me away. Incredible work man...just freakin incredible.

blasphemy3_d
06-07-2005, 11:26 PM
Thanks Jeff :)

slime
06-07-2005, 11:50 PM
Keep the updates coming! :thumbsup:
I'm curious to see how the driver looks inside the car.
edit: Also I don't know if anybody commented about the camera, but it's top notch. It contributes beautifully to make it believeble. :)

Ganjica
06-08-2005, 09:08 AM
Really outstanding work! :bounce:
I've recently finished a short movie with a car animation, and let me say you've shown something I've never expected to see in a CGmovie. The car shader is simply awesome, the light effect on the bonnet is a real class touch, camera movements are magic, you've recreated "that" feel perfectly.
I've read you'll show wires ecc. after you'll finish the scene... I really can't wait to see how you've done all this marvelous things.

....simply can't quit to say awesome work!

blasphemy3_d
06-09-2005, 01:19 PM
Hi all

Here is anew shot almos finished.
Hope you like it!!
http://www.3dblasphemy.com/TEST2.jpg

http://www.3dblasphemy.com/TEST_2.mov

KARRYPOTTER
06-09-2005, 01:43 PM
thatīs superb buddy!!!

looking forward to see that crash.

jason-slab
06-09-2005, 01:47 PM
hey thats looking good!!
are u manually animating the camera shake or are u using a script?
good work
|jason

Roux
06-09-2005, 01:50 PM
Damn! Now I'm gonna have to add 50 more cars to mine to be competative with you:)

Looks great once again but your stealing all of my shots & camera angles ;-) Guess we watched too many 80's cop shows.

The only crit is that very GC lens flare although it will probably work once the piece is put together.

I like the way your background is not really in focus - can't make out if that is a row of trees in front of the houses or a grassy hill. I keep replaying it to see if I can tell.

Are you rendering out multiple passes? Eg diffuse and specular etc? How do you get such control over your sparkle / specular highlight?

ScottageCheese
06-09-2005, 02:21 PM
Yeah man,,, VERY NICE....

I'll agree with the lense flare... its not BAD... it just, reeks of "post"... you have all this camera shake and motion...

The lense flare would bounce just as much as the camera itself..... maybe put a soft camera shake on it, if its on its own layer...

But dude... Look really good.....

bRuNuShky
06-09-2005, 02:55 PM
Your work is realy realy ..what can I say it?...beautyfull , incredible, exelent, great ....

Now realy all the compisiton looks great It feel so real ..the ligthning and everything ...this is chanllenge alredy have a winer man ... http://www.cgtalk.com/images/icons/icon13.gif I wonder how it look when it crash this will be amaizing ...

blasphemy3_d
06-09-2005, 02:58 PM
Hi all and thanks for the coments.

It is almost done but not completlly. I will make a second pass of the effects whe I have the entire scene rendered. I will postpro it again all shots together. It will help I think. Currently I am rendering all the shots only to get a feedback about How I want teh things to be done and to look like.

I wolud like tot thanks you for all the feedback. I wil keep all your coments in mind.

Thanks you for the coments :)

blasphemy3_d
06-09-2005, 03:11 PM
The only crit is that very GC lens flare although it will probably work once the piece is put together.

You are right. I have about 4 shots edited together and I think it works better. Maybe it is bc a 50 frame shot with so huge lenz is too noisy.

next time I will upload a longer sec.

thanks

philipjoyner
06-09-2005, 09:32 PM
:applause: Absolutely Insane! Fantastic job and I can't wait to see the finals. Incredible. :applause:

How did you work the lighting. Did you use HDR or just standard lights with GI? Maybe a little both.

Good luck to you in the contest! This is a fantastic Challenge!

Thanks!

blasphemy3_d
06-10-2005, 12:29 PM
Ey thanks!

Currentlly I am not using any kind of HDRI bc all the enviorement is fully 3d and textured. I can use it for the reflections. About the light. I am using a gradient as GI enviorement and only one direct light.

leckter
06-10-2005, 12:55 PM
Increible demostracion de maestria, buen hacer y concepto de lo artistico. Como nota curiosa comentare que mi hermano despues de ver el video del test reaccione diciendome que eso era la secuencia de una pelicula. Cuando le hice notar que no habia conductor en el coche se quedo de piedra.

Mi mas sincera enhorabuena. No veo el momento de que liberes mas pruebas.

KnickKnack
06-10-2005, 08:16 PM
Once again your work is stunning, I'm most impressed. Some questions if you don't mind.

1.) Are you using Chromatic Aberation as part of your post reportoire? I thought I could see some CA in your first car render.

2.) What method do you use to achieve this? I understand Combustion works hand in hand with Max; does it have some nifty tools for achieving all the glows, blooms and CA?

Looks amazing mate, definately one to keep an eye on.

Cheers,

anirudha
06-11-2005, 10:17 AM
amazing and really awesome work.

u r -----a master amn.
can't wait to see the final o/p.

just wanted to ask did u modelled the engine and other internal parts and

will u be showing them in the crash.if yes from where did u got the engine reference
for the specific car.and also what will u be using for the dynamics---just eager.

keep them coming, hope to see more from ur side.

greyface
06-12-2005, 09:01 PM
Looking great :). I hope you will post some more info on how you composited the shot in the end :thumbsup: - it's really good work.

desty

jigu
06-13-2005, 04:30 AM
hey blasphemy r u still doing the work on this challange?

man i m looking 4 some updates from u.u havn't told us that where ur car is gonna be crashed?

blasphemy3_d
06-13-2005, 10:10 AM
Ey HI!

It has been a very hard weekend. I have been working but I still have nothing about the crash. I made the animation one week ago and I still havenīt started to render it. I have been working in the rest of the shots. They are 6 by the moment. I think that I might have centered more in the crash BC I am getting bored and tired. I have to work quick bc the last weekend of the challenge I have to travell. I will finish it this weekend I guess.

I will post some as soon as I have some shots ready. Anyway I have to say that it is too much work and I donīt know if it is going to be pretty enought bc I have no time.

Roux
06-13-2005, 02:33 PM
Hey Blasphemy. I know what you mean. I've got web customers waiting for thier stuff too...

Definitely needed a team on this one but it didn't work out that way thanks to a nasty flu bug. Maybe next time you might like to team up?

Hope you get this one near finished in time. I know I'm pushing it and your much faster than me:bowdown:

blasphemy3_d
06-13-2005, 05:09 PM
Ey Roux. The fact is that I only work If I have at least 3 hours free. I donīt start to work for one or alf hour. I have spent mosto of the weekend working at home after the 50 hrs week. I am a bit :scream:

I had never joined a challenge like this so I donīt know if I am going to koin netx time. It is deppendin on the challenge itself.

I will surelly have it finished in time but the problem is that maybe I am not going to be very happy :shrug:

PseudoXavier
06-13-2005, 07:53 PM
Hear ya on the lack of time, maybe next time theres a challenge you should team up with some people.
Would make a bet that they wouldnt turn down an opportunity.

Roux
06-14-2005, 09:44 AM
I hear you buddy. I have a 50 hr a week gig and my own business so time is hard to come by. I figure it helps get some personal work together for promotion though.

Would definitely like to team up on a challenge if the opportunity arises:bounce: :bounce:

Oh well back to animating......

sriramatrix
06-14-2005, 04:29 PM
Awesome work sofar !:eek: Your entry will give some tough competition man,best of luck !

Waiting for the crash:bounce:

Neil
06-15-2005, 05:44 AM
If you don't finish, atleast post whatever you have currently. It's totally sweet already.

jigu
06-15-2005, 06:09 AM
If you don't finish, atleast post whatever you have currently. It's totally sweet already.

he had already posted some cool stuff. check it out.

blasphemy3_d
06-15-2005, 10:03 AM
I have more things almost finished but I would preffer going closing things before posting. I will try to post some more tonight or tomorrow. I spent all the day yesterday fighting with a PC virus :shrug:

jigu
06-15-2005, 11:50 AM
I have more things almost finished but I would preffer going closing things before posting. I will try to post some more tonight or tomorrow. I spent all the day yesterday fighting with a PC virus :shrug:

hheehee .....i got the same problem 2 days ago when i was playing unreal tournament 2004 demo online.

Gangstashers
06-15-2005, 09:39 PM

*kilz all the virus that are going to enter blasphemy's pc*

Man that sucks, hope to see some updates, how is the actual crash going so far?

Sheherryar

blasphemy3_d
06-15-2005, 09:39 PM
Well, here is a little update. Two more shots almost finished.

Hope you like it.

http://www.3dblasphemy.com/TEST_3.jpg

http://www.3dblasphemy.com/TEST_3.mov

rquinn
06-15-2005, 10:20 PM
i would suggest getting Knoll Light Factory and making a better more realistic flare

blasphemy3_d
06-15-2005, 10:30 PM
Yes. I will leave all the details and pulish for last. I cant spend time right now.Thanks for the crit. Knoll Is what I am currentlly using.

I am working in the crash and I hope It to be finished this weekend. That will be the mommento to recreate with the details...

Neil
06-16-2005, 12:33 AM
he had already posted some cool stuff. check it out.

I know, that's why i said it looks good. My point is that if he doesn't make the deadline, still post whatever you got.

jigu
06-16-2005, 02:59 AM
amazing work!! well i can say u surely gonna win this challange.(if u finish) i see this is very professional work!!

i can't wait for crash. i see u r gonna crash two cars running on same direction.it looks interesting.:thumbsup:

Roux
06-16-2005, 11:28 AM
Man that is amazing work. Your attention to detail is astounding. The guy behind the wheel even has a "Mullet" hairstyle to match his questionable behaviour...

Pity you probably don't have time to let one of them run through the edge of that great looking water and create a wall of spray.

blasphemy3_d
06-16-2005, 12:18 PM
EY! Thanks for the coments!

I will probably add some spray to the water at the end of the project. The guy behind the car itīs me!

http://www.3dblasphemy.com/JJ2.JPG

Roux
06-16-2005, 12:31 PM
:blush: :blush: :blush: OoOps! And there I was was thinking that was you in your avatar;)

Looks very cool. Do you use image modeller at all?

blasphemy3_d
06-16-2005, 12:40 PM
No, I made the head and the shirt the mix it with a free model clothes and arms.

leckter
06-16-2005, 12:45 PM
If that is you, please blasphemy, be careful. I can see the future and ... I see you ... crashing with your car. :p

Excellent work man. No more words. :bowdown:

Gonzomuse
06-16-2005, 01:05 PM
Hi Blasphemy,

Great looking stuff there. I love the motion of the car, excellent sense of weight, particularly that little swerve the mustang does under the bridge. Great lighting, the car looks great in shadow.

Really cool dust aswell, was that a post effect or 3d particles?
I am really looking forward to seeing your smash...

blasphemy3_d
06-16-2005, 01:12 PM
They are 3dparticles+some post.

Thanks for the coments :)

mosconariz
06-16-2005, 08:46 PM
Woow! how did you get to do so realistic sequences?

blasphemy3_d
06-16-2005, 10:13 PM
Hi all

Well, here is mi first approach to the final crash. I have this animated about two weeks ago. It is not like the other posts I have done. It is a shaded test only so please as you can see there is no deformation, glass or effects to crit. I have spent near 3 days to take the cameras and sequences that looks great to me. I have spent very time so I hope you are so happy with the result as I am. I really love the sec. I have seen all the peopleīs test about crashes... What to say, mos of them are GREAT! I have chosen this kind of crash because I donīt want to achieve animations like slow camera or bullet effects. This kind of things are great but they are not the kind of things I wanted. I think that the crashes in real time give more "pain" to the spectator. That is why I choose this knind of crash and that is why I have spent so many time in placin cameras.

Here is the sequence. Hope you like it!

http://www.3dblasphemy.com/CRASH.mov

NoshDir85
06-16-2005, 11:39 PM
I like it. I agree that full speed crashes do seem more impactful, and realistic. I cant wait to see it all textured and rendered completely. Keep up the good work.

mosconariz
06-17-2005, 12:37 AM
I think your 2nd mustang... the one that recieve the impact should rotate to the other side...

http://www.calcetinanimaciones.com/must.gif

http://www.calcetinanimaciones.com/mustangs.jpg

hope this images illustrates what I'm tryin' to say... :D

jigu
06-17-2005, 04:01 AM
let me know what r u using to make the crash?

blasphemy3_d
06-17-2005, 09:24 AM
Maybe I have not choose the better camera to show the crash but the more spectacular. I animated it from top view and I think the effect is right mosconariz. When the second car hit the first it Has much more spedd that the crashed one and it stats to brake just when It hits the other. There is no colission in the rear side. But I am looking to your picture and... I think that the car rotates in the same direction you are telling me?... Not sure :)

Gonzomuse
06-17-2005, 01:38 PM
Hey Blasphemy, Good Work.

A couple of comments if I may.

I felt the rolling motion started to feel a little uniform after a couple, although a few bits flying off etc.. would help this.

I would really like to see a better shot of the car starting to tip, the cut you do takes away from that perilous moment.. to me.

Looking great though.

blasphemy3_d
06-17-2005, 02:30 PM
Ey thanks for the coments.

That shots are what I find interesting. As I told you I am really happy with this camera. Maybe you cannot see what you want to see, but I feel like it is a real camera and that is what is important to me. I think that maybe I will render it a bit near of the cars, but I donīt know if this is what you are talking about. Thanks for the coment. I have tried out thousand of pos And this position was the best to me. I think that part of the problem is that the car are not animated. I mean that the second car doesnīt reac to the hit of the incoming car. I will fix it as soon as I get sime free time.

About the other comments. Yes man, I agree. I think that is is bc you can see the car crashing with the ground. I hope that when all the efects are ok it will look right. In fact, if you see the scene just from the right view you can see where the car touchs the ground and this feeling desappear. Anyway, I think it will be fixed when you see the scene finished. As I told you, this scene is about 15% completed.

jigu
06-17-2005, 03:15 PM
blasphemy....u didn't answer my question.:deal:

philipjoyner
06-17-2005, 03:23 PM
Looks incredible! I know once you start adding all the layers in (deformation, particles, etc) it's gonna be awesome. The camera angles are perfect and looks absolutely realistic!

Just a quick thought...everybody's got one! At the end of the crash, when the car turns on it's roof, it might be wobbling to much. The weight and the damage would probably cause the top to collapse more and come to rest quicker once on the roof. As you said before, it doesn't include the deformations, which I'm sure would slow if it down if it's a dynamic simulation. You probably already thought of that and the suggestion is being really really nit picky. I've followed the post since it's started and everything looks incredible.

I look forward to seeing final.

blasphemy3_d
06-17-2005, 03:49 PM
Yes Sorry. I am using Reactor with RB and carwheel as basic setup only for the crash.

Gangstashers
06-19-2005, 03:21 PM
You.. you..

bastard... why.. why are you so good?! what is wrong with you man! you are no human! your your! YOUR NOT NORMAL! *screams while a shrink holds him down*.

MAN THAT IS SOOO AWSOME! you used the best camera positions i can think off i realy felth the crash when i played the video!I realy kinda felth how it would be when i am in the car!

You realy pulled this one off dude! Your the best! Your the king!

how long have you been in CG anyway?!

Again nice work! verry nice camera angels! it felth like a real movie GO WORK IN HOLLYWOOD MAN!

Sheherryar

SimonReeves
06-19-2005, 05:57 PM
good stuff old chap, very impressive..

dont think anyone asked or you said, but can I ask how you are doing mblur? post or vray [I think it was vray wasnt it]

cheers

blasphemy3_d
06-20-2005, 10:53 AM
Ey sorry about desappear. I am very bussy.

Thanks all for the coments. I am honored :)

Gangstashers I have been in CG since 2000. About three five years working in videogames.

Hi Simon :) I am using effects/MB from max. It is quick and most of times the better I have found. The real Smart MB in Combustion is not so Smart.

I have to say That I haveīt work this weekend. I am not going to finish it probably.

Thanks again for the coments.

SimonReeves
06-20-2005, 10:56 AM
cheers JJ :) gotta agree with the combustion mblurs, not that handy, didnt even know about that effects one ! might have to try it out :)

jason-slab
06-20-2005, 11:09 AM
hey guys

you guys should also try rendering .rpf's and using the 3d motion blur in combustion, works pretty well!!

|jason

SimonReeves
06-20-2005, 11:12 AM
it works pretty well most of the time, but for somethings it can mess up pretty badly I found, but then for some shots one can always resort to using 3d motion blur [vrays one is not terribly slow]

KnickKnack
06-21-2005, 06:06 PM
Man, am amazed at this stuff it's really top stuff, movie quality.

However, I do have a couple of gripes with the final shots you've shown, and would like to offer some criticism :eek:. I'm being overly critical, because what you've got here is stunning and I'm coming at it from personal preference, not a right or wrong, so please don't hate me :thumbsup:

I notice that in the new shots you've composited some hills and other details over the embankment. This looks a little too much like what it really is, a flat background image and I don't really think it needs it, the image looked AMAZING before it went in, but now I think it only detracts from the render and makes it look less realistic. :sad:

Also, the impact from the second car would surely send the car turning the other way? The way it starts rotating clockwise, you'd think it had been hit from the left of the screen. It just doesn't seem to feel accurate.

Anyway, good luck mate, I can't wait to see the final thing all rendered out.

blasphemy3_d
06-21-2005, 06:27 PM
Hi and thanks for all the crits.

I know that there are too many things that could be better. It is so I am not going to enter the challenge. I am really bussy and I am not going to have time enought to finish it as I want to. I will probably finish it after. Maybe in a month or similar. I will make re-render of some shots. I am currently render the particles and effects layers but I am not going to be able of compossing it.

Edit: I still think that the crashing car rotates right. I think that I have not taken the right camera to show you the accident but I always preffered use the camera that helps the movie feeleng instead the ones that work for realims and physics studies. I donīt care this kind of things when I am seing a film or working.

Thanks anyway man :)

nelsig
06-21-2005, 07:12 PM
woaaaow

nothing to say ... it's just perfect

Amazing work...

so now I can stop my renders... and just cry

;)

nico

ivanisavich
06-21-2005, 07:22 PM
You're no longer entering???

At least throw in what you got man! Don't let all that hardwork go to waste!

RobertoOrtiz
06-21-2005, 08:31 PM
the voting thread goes up around July 5th.. so you have some time.

-R

anirudha
06-21-2005, 09:10 PM
what does this mean that we have some time,
does this mean that we can post them before 5th july........
or am i fooling myself......:bounce:
plz enlighten me

blasphemy3_d
06-22-2005, 09:16 AM
I am travelling this weekend. I think that I have not enought time counting the extra days. Anyway I will continue rendering when I come back. I donīt knowif I will finish or not. I donīt want to post something that doesnīt make me happy so I preffer spend some more time after challenge and right finish my job. I wonīt post anything that is not finished or is bad finished. I think that it would be the real waste of time and job. Anyway I will post my job as soon as it makes me happy.

Thanks for the interest and coments.

Gangstashers
06-24-2005, 06:16 AM
That's to bad man :( i was hoping to see some other cool stuff! But that doesen't matter work comes first you know :D!

And i don't know if your going to finish this (wich you're prolly not) but i realy think thi man needs a aplause! :applause: :applause: :) !

Good luck man your work was super great! even more! heheh!

Sheherryar

nelsig
06-24-2005, 07:10 AM
so bad... was so excited to see your animation...
I will be patient :hmm: !

enjoy your travel

see you

Nico

Zerozone
06-27-2005, 12:29 PM
Increible! felicidades

una pregunta ŋcomo consigues los destellos que aparecen donde le da mucho la luz, es un efecto de post produccion, esta echo con max? llevo mucho tiempo intentando sacar esos brillos y no lo consigo :(

has probado a usar Aura para crearel humo y el fuego (cuando lo necesite)

arlen
06-27-2005, 08:39 PM
wow wow wow, what a nice work.
i like every detail in ur comp,except that lens flare, i can not wait ur final version.

and when u finished, could u please walk me through how u did it. thnx hehe

OggieBoogie
06-27-2005, 11:47 PM
very impressive and inspiring! keep up the good work.

BenBolin
06-29-2005, 01:18 AM
HURRAY, since 3D Blasphemy's not entering, there will actually be some competition between whoever's left! :-P Dude, this piece is phenomenal. I have a hard time believing you didn't actually just drive down to one of those ditch things in LA and race, and just HAPPEN to bring along a 35mm motion picture camera, with a truck mounted jib arm and a complete crew to film the damn thing. Wow.

RobertoOrtiz
07-02-2005, 02:35 PM
First I would like to thank Samuel Kvaalen for coding this voting page and hosting it.

Go >>HERE<< (http://kvaalen.com/cgtalk/fxwars/enter.php) and post your infromation if you want your animation to be part of the voting on Monday night.

-R

blasphemy3_d
07-04-2005, 02:28 AM
I am still working on it. Maybe I will finish on time. I have deleted some shots to win some more time. I will try to finish it before tomorrow 12!

ARF

mosconariz
07-04-2005, 05:49 PM
Go Blasphemy go! :buttrock::buttrock::buttrock:

Caili
07-04-2005, 07:21 PM
Looking forward to see the finished animation :) hope you make it 'till deadline!

blasphemy3_d
07-04-2005, 08:26 PM
Hi all again.

Well, here is my carcrash video and, as ussual, some frames of the crash. I know that a lot of things could be better but it is too much work for one only person with only a few free time. I would like to thank Alex for the extra time, DBTīs people for the comments and help, the other challengers and visitors for the comments and sigestion and, of course, my girlfriend who helped me out with some cameras. Now I know that she is the most patient wonam in the hole planet.

It has been funny. I like the ambient with theother challegers but it would be great that more artist join this kind of challenges.

http://www.3dblasphemy.com/CARCRASH1.jpg

http://www.3dblasphemy.com/CARCRASH2.jpg

http://www.3dblasphemy.com/CARCRASH.mov (23mb)
http://www.3dblasphemy.com/CARCRASH.avi (4.5mb)

Good luck to everyone!!!

ivanisavich
07-04-2005, 08:40 PM
Hey! Who told you you could come along and raise the bar?

Hahah...just kidding. Great to see your entry!

I have some problems with the crash part of the animation...mainly the weighting....but who cares at least you got it done...despite the rush :)

blasphemy3_d
07-04-2005, 08:46 PM
Only that problem? You are being too good.

Thanks Ivanisavich.

rquinn
07-04-2005, 10:05 PM
its loading..
cant wait

I would like to congradulate you on some great and stunning work.
my only crits are the first shot:the camera shake is a little too cg

after impact the car seems a little too out of control (its too fast).

the guy in the car: his shadows are too flat

even tho this video has these minor crits it is amazing and by far the best quality animations ive seen on the web in a long time

**** this even beats most high budget movies
2 thumbs up 10 toes from me

jigu
07-05-2005, 03:58 AM
nice job!! finally u r back.:eek:

Ac0rN
07-05-2005, 04:06 AM
hey, great work blasphemy, good to se that you finished it at last, good luck :)

Joblh
07-05-2005, 10:47 AM
Awesome work, and incredibly realistic! :eek: very inspiring, im gonna vote for you :D
5 stars! :bounce: no crits! :thumbsup:

(sorry for being such a fanboy, but for something this good i just have to be one, lol ;) )

Roux
07-05-2005, 12:39 PM
Damn. That's nice work.

My only thought is that the scene where the car crosses the shot is a bit too quick but it is really KICKASS!

RockinAkin
07-05-2005, 04:32 PM
Absolutly amazing.... The lighting and environment are perfectly realistic.

I think the crash animation could use just a bit more work, and extended the end just a bit to make this one incredible piece.

Congratulations.

p4vlik-cz
07-05-2005, 04:36 PM
nothin' to say, just omg or holy**** :thumbsup: :buttrock: :bowdown:

captain_stinky
07-05-2005, 04:45 PM
absolutely amazing, im inspired. I thought this was a composite of real and 3d stuff but its all 3d right? Awesome!!

Shortricci
07-05-2005, 05:31 PM
Awesome animation. But I think the swerving that the car does when clipped is a little too eratic.

Good nonetheless. :thumbsup:

Gal
07-05-2005, 05:40 PM
hey blasphemy,
absolutely stunning, you have been one of my few but very favorite artists for years now. love your warrior and sw stuff. great lighting, reflection and especially super realistic environment especially with your post work.
i really appreciate fine rendering artists such as your self more than any other aspects in this trade. 2.5min per frame is simply astonishing for what you've managed to pull out of it.
i'd love to see pre post and final renders to see how much infact you manage to pull in post.
infact i'd really like to hear about the reflection and post setup u;ve done on the 2nd image u've posted on the first page, the black car still on the blue background with a reflected photo(perhaps hdr but doesnt look like it).

kiko3d
07-05-2005, 05:50 PM
Está cojonudo nunca había visto nada igual, es lo más parecido a la realidad que he visto en cuanto a coches en cuanto a cg se refiere.
Por cierto he ido a votarte pero me he confundido con otro que hay en la página que tiene una estetica parecida a la tuya, y le he votado a el, k putada, espero que de todas maneras ganes pork no creo k haya otro igual. Por cierto donde has aprendido a programar videojuegos, lo digo por lo de game developer, mi hotmail es: kiko3d@hotmail.com por si kieres hablar un rato.

Buena suerte.

blasphemy3_d
07-05-2005, 05:52 PM
Hi all and thaks for the coments. I am honored.

Gal. The second image has an HDRI but it is not lighting the scene it is only for reffs.I think that you are asking for things like CA, green aspect, noise and things like that. I Always make a very similar procces. I like the green color over the images. I like too the blue but GI renders have made me boring about it. In postpro I add some color variations, contrast, noise, and cromating aberration by diplacing 1/2 pixel the green channel. I donīt like the completlly focused images so I try not to get 90š lines or corners. I have used for postpro a lot of operators from Combustion (color correction, RPF MB...), some Knoll light plugins, Sapphyre pack, some Dellirium and a great one (film damage from cinelook) that I discovered to make the cinelook ending.

Thanks for your interest and coments!

blasphemy3_d
07-05-2005, 05:55 PM
Ey Kiko donīt worry about the voting. Someone will be very happy :D

I started working in videogames at Pyro. I am not working in videogames anymore but I have forgotten of changing my abatar details :shrug:

Thanks for the coments!

Vympel
07-05-2005, 07:02 PM
Nice work, very realistic :thumbsup:

You could post some images of the part of post production in the Combustion as schematic view. The time of render, 2 minutes per frame?

Julez4001
07-05-2005, 08:15 PM
Do you have any visual tutorial/notes of your post production on your car crash?

Are you in the US?
Will you be at Siggraph?

BTW your private messages is FULL.

leckter
07-05-2005, 08:20 PM
No doubt in my vote. Nothing to say of your work.
Respect.
:bowdown:

collingtech
07-05-2005, 08:25 PM
there any possibility to wrote a small step by step of crashing damage??
outstanding work well done

AtrusDni
07-05-2005, 08:37 PM
damn blasphemy3_d, that looks incredible. I know someone mentioned what lighting you used, but could you explain in more detail how you set up the lighting?

staniol
07-05-2005, 09:18 PM
mate thats amazing, i cant believe that someone can make somethink like this :scream: your level of realism is incredible (simulation isnt so good, but everything else really IS!!):) u really know what r u doin :D keep it on man, u r good :thumbsup:

RockinAkin
07-06-2005, 12:45 AM
Im very interested in the environment you made for the cars... can you elaborate a bit on how you made it? Maybe post a few renders / wires?

tnemeth
07-06-2005, 03:14 AM
Wow, just wanted to say your animation looks amazing, very realistic. I did a similar animation in a similar setting a while back. It's crap compared to yours, but you've inspired me to revisit it. I'm especially interested in you post processing, as that is one of my weak points (understatement). If you could be so kind, I would love to see a rendered frame from your animation before any post was applied, just to compare.

Again, congrats, you have my vote, not that you'll need it.

Cyborgguineapig
07-06-2005, 07:59 AM
Hi just saw your entry in the FXwar and its amazing! Congrats. you are inspiring for only being one person to pull this shot off:buttrock:. Hopefully you can share a little bit of your technique in creating the damage in your sequence.

blasphemy3_d
07-06-2005, 09:34 AM
Hi all and thanks for the comments guys.

Please let me some time and I will post some images and explanations about everything. Some about materials, enviorement, and postpro.

Thanks for the interest!

Guanny
07-06-2005, 10:57 AM
Ey JJ impressive work, :bounce:
ĄĄ Itīs totally real !!, congrats my friend, you are the man.:buttrock:

--------------------------------

Muy bueno tio, te estas convirtiendo en un autentico Master ;)

blasphemy3_d
07-06-2005, 12:39 PM
Hi all and thanks for the interest.

Here is some answers.

About the car.

Here is a wire of the car and mi first render using HDRI for reflections. I have used a shellac material wich has two diffrents reflect. One strong in the edges and normal one more like fresnel with a bit of glossy. This second material uses dirt masks. Here are some samples of the mas used as diffuse and reflection masks. I added some extra issues for the reflections mask for getting realism in the reflections. For the crash I made 6 differents cars with 6 differents reflection and diffuse maps. I used the models as morph targets.

http://www.3dblasphemy.com/fxwars_2.jpg
http://www.3dblasphemy.com/fxwars_1.jpg

http://www.3dblasphemy.com/TUTO_1.jpg

About the enviorment.
I have made about 1km of terrain. I included some elements like boxes, vegetation, wires... This elements could be repeated. For the material I mad a mix material using a mask. Two bitmaps tiled and annother bitmas in grayscales used as mask for mixin. Here are the samples. I have built two bridges using refferences that can bee seen in films like Grease or The Core. The enviorement has only one direct light with area shadows. 3-4 min of render per frame.

http://www.3dblasphemy.com/TUTO_2.jpg

About the postpro.

I have render most of the shots in only one pass. Some of them has tow differents. One for the cars, and another for the static elements. After I added the smoke and other effects layers. I would like to do all in differents passes but It takes more time to composite. I have used 2d MB from MAX and RPF MB from Combustion in the crash shots. About the color correction I have used COmbustionīs color correction, Gamma correction, Some from Sapphyre like Film Effect, gamma correction, Glare, Glints, GLows, Knoll light factory for the lenzs, Frishcluft out of focus,.... and anything that has fallen in my hands. Here is a sample baefore compositing and after Combustion session.

Hope you find this information interestig and usefull and feel free to questions anithing you want.

Thanks again for the interest :)

http://www.3dblasphemy.com/TUTO_3.jpg

fr3drik
07-06-2005, 12:56 PM
Very nice rendering! What was the vray rendertime like for final scenes?

For the cars, did you use any raytracing?

jigu
07-06-2005, 01:07 PM
and blasphemy what about the animation?

did u do keyframed whole crash animation or it is done using reactor?

man no doubt that u r a winner.

congrates!!:thumbsup:

i m waiting for ur answer.and thanks for gr8 explaination.

blasphemy3_d
07-06-2005, 03:54 PM
Thanks Jigu. I donīt mind to win or not. I have enjoied making this piece and, the most important to me, I have learned a lot.

I have used vehicle simulator in one shot and Reactor in the rolling.

Thaks for the comments, I am honored.

unwrap
07-06-2005, 08:04 PM
You've done some quality work there, but the animation seems a little incomplete. You probably didn't have much time, but don't you think you can complete it out of the challenge?

Admire your work, it's photoreal! It looks like a real movie.

unwrap
07-06-2005, 08:07 PM
One more question. What were your animation skills before this work? How much have you learned working on this.

unwrap
07-06-2005, 11:30 PM
One more thing - are the camera shakes done in 3D or during post production?

dBUTT
07-07-2005, 12:42 AM
Your work is freakin amazing!!! Truly impressive!

I really like this animation, plus your city you did a couple months ago! very inspiring for a new Vray user... Thanks!

i really hope you win this one!

blasphemy3_d
07-07-2005, 02:45 PM
Hey thanks for the comments.

Ey Segage thanks for the advice. I always learn something. I have learnod things like, cameras, animation, lighting, rendering, compossiting.... The camera shakes are 50% real 3d and 50 postpro.

SCIFI-3D-zoo
07-07-2005, 04:48 PM
Hey JJ. We missed talking and working with you at SCIFI 3D. I know you're busy though. Just wanted to stop in and say how awesome it is. Got my vote. It looks really good. As usual you're an expert with lighting and texturing. IF I had to say anything could use improvement I'd say (1) the car kinda spins out of control unrealistically before it flips. That could be tweaked a little bit. And (2) some more debris, sparks, particles, etc. would have helped a lot. But it's expected that the deadlines on these are tight so nobody gets to do everything they wanted. But even with "trying" to find something to critique, trying real hard too, it's excellent still overall. Email me some day if you got time. Otherwise Good Luck man.

blasphemy3_d
07-07-2005, 06:30 PM
Ey Zoo, Glad to see you here :) Thanks for the coments!

unwrap
07-07-2005, 06:45 PM
(1) the car kinda spins out of control unrealistically before it flips.

True. I've been "studying" that part of the animation and came up with a conclusion that the motion itself is real but it is too fast, as if rolling the animation faster than normal, and I think that part can be improved by just slowing down a bit the animation.

Ey Segage thanks for the advice. I always learn something. I have learnod things like, cameras, animation, lighting, rendering, compossiting.... The camera shakes are 50% real 3d and 50 postpro.

I see. So you didn't have any animation experience before this? You're one of those guys who do everything perfect when they get their hands on something new :).

p4vlik-cz
07-07-2005, 06:46 PM
wow... :bowdown:
I'm real begginer so, please... what is postpro, i know, postproduction, but which program, or...how :)

pyroskat
07-07-2005, 07:17 PM
p4vl, they xplain before. he uses combustion from discreet. they make some color correction in postpro, and add lens and flare effects and noise.

simply fantastic blasphemy! truly inspirational! joder como te lo curras, de que trabajas? porque te debe sobrar mucho tiempo!XD, nada, increible como siempre.

BartokDesign
07-07-2005, 07:26 PM
Awesome work , brilliant , I dont have any crits about it , This should have a making of ,it will be at front page soon I guess . :bounce:

blasphemy3_d
07-08-2005, 09:57 AM
Hi Sergage.

I am not that kind of guy, no. I have worked out animating but most for videogames. Anyway I donīt consider myself an animator. I like it but I know that it is not my strong point.

leckter
07-08-2005, 04:32 PM
Sure all details you let us know about this project will be helpfully today or in the future for newbes like me. Thanks a lot for your comments taken by me as master lessons. You are the best man. By the way I sent you a PM about 15 days ago. I konow you are very busy. Just want to know if you could you read it.

blasphemy3_d
07-08-2005, 04:36 PM
Ey thanks Lecker!

Sorry about the mail. I rarelly look the mail inbox :sad:

Iīll answer you right now.

thanks again!

mosconariz
07-09-2005, 03:39 AM
True. I've been "studying" that part of the animation and came up with a conclusion that the motion itself is real but it is too fast, as if rolling the animation faster than normal, and I think that part can be improved by just slowing down a bit the animation.

I agree with that... but wow man, I wish I can make that kind of textures and lihting! Congrats!

leckter
07-09-2005, 10:52 AM
Congratulations to the winner. Keep on working that way and you will rise as far as you want. I hope you stay tunned in the next challenges to see your excellent way to do the things and of course to learn from you.

Thanks for your interest, and time.

DrachenVFX
07-09-2005, 09:45 PM
I came across your thread after seeing your final video. Pretty amazing work. I saw that you are using Vray for rendering. What I am trying to figure out is what settings you are using to eliminate flicker from your animation. Are you using Irradiance map, Light Cache, Quasi - monte Carlo? Did you pre-render the irradiance map? What build are you on? Are you using 1.09 or the current beta 1.47.03? Or could you possibly post some screen caps of your settings?

Thanks alot for any answers you might have. Again awesome video!

blasphemy3_d
07-09-2005, 10:40 PM
HI Dra(hem

I am using an old version of Vray. Not sure what bc I am not at home. I still havenīt tested the new ones. I will now I think. My settigns are very very simple but it is an exterior. Most of the problems come with the interiors, at least to me.

I am using AA 1-2, very low preset with 30-15 subdiv. I think that I can do this way only bc it is an exterior. I am only using a direct light with area shadow.

Thanks for your interest.

erwinriau
07-11-2005, 04:58 AM
Blasphemy3_d,

Thank you for the inspiration, your work is amazing! I really like your other piece(the city where a guy cross a street...) it inspire me to open my old scene and continue finishing it

I don't usually post but man you made the different ;)

thank you!!

Er

bRuNuShky
07-11-2005, 06:03 PM
Nice renderes and a nice Animation ... you have make a great job ... the Simulation is good too but I think that may be it would look better ... but I dont have rigth to say nothing about that http://www.cgtalk.com/images/icons/icon11.gif .... you have make a great job really well done http://www.cgtalk.com/images/icons/icon13.gif

Vlaflip
07-11-2005, 11:29 PM
wow absolutly fantastic it had a really nice feel to it. and thats my fav car. so you did a great job on that. congratulations:P

Kingii
07-13-2005, 12:19 PM
Thats really realistic! And etc...
BUT: Where is the tutorial??? :) :drool:

blasphemy3_d
07-13-2005, 06:35 PM
Well, I have no time to make a tutorial. Anyway I would not know what to tell about this piece. Maybe you find interesting some images I uploaded in the previous page.

THANKS!

truetrue
07-20-2005, 05:32 AM
You are just Great~ :eek: :eek: The render is so real which just impressed me so much. I really think it is real.

I know I am not good enough to crit at all, but as an audience point of view, if the CG man is not there, or if u not shotting him at all will be better, as he is not moving at all, so a bit unnatural.
Also, If you dont mind, just when the car get hit, it start to looks not as real, may be it is moving too fast...For the rest, they just looks like they are from a real footage.

I am now no way can do what you have done. I just hope in the future, I can do at least as good as you :) . I have learn a lot, thanks

True

CGTalk Moderation
07-20-2005, 05:32 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.