PDA

View Full Version : seporate space for frontpage work?

AndyH
05-22-2005, 10:16 AM
Ive noticed recently that theres been a lot of stuff on the frontpage for CGtalk books, seminars, sketch of the week, offers, Q&A's and other official news, which shunts the actual user work off the page. This is all well and good, but I, personally, would rather see purdy pictures!

Because these CGnetworks posts are vital to maintaining CGtalk and raising money, rather than remove them, how about creating 2 bars of images on the fronpage? One for Cgtalk offers, one for actual user-created artwork? Maybe plug more often too? Ive seen some excellent work in the gallery, and it passes by unnoticed, and then a few weeks later, 3 or so images get plugged, then quickly shunted off screen by some news!

If this idea was inplemented, the cgnetworks offers can stay on frontpage longer (and get more views) and the people can get their work on frontpage and get noticed, and believe me, theres no higher privelage for someone whos worked hard on their work to see it on the fronpage!

jampoz
05-22-2005, 05:32 PM
Having smaller thumbnails would help your idea and I'd agree, a 2 rows bar would be perfect, one for users and one for offers

Could even have widescreen ratio thumbnails as if we'd split the box into two rows, it could work too

AndyH
05-31-2005, 07:09 AM
21 views? Jeez - this thread is the backwoods!

Glad to see you agree jampoz.

What do you moderator fellows think?

Markuss
07-02-2005, 09:59 PM
How about an Archive for front page news, images, animations etc...

Lot's of great stuff on the front page header, but it dissappears after a short while....

Yes, sometimes it ends up in the CG Choice galleries, but a lot of stuff doesn't and it does't fit in any of the categories for CG Choice either I guess....

JDex
07-02-2005, 10:10 PM
Just so that you know... the frontpage archive has been discussed repeatedly and apparently is already on the todo list.

Markuss
07-02-2005, 10:21 PM
Just so that you know... the frontpage archive has been discussed repeatedly and apparently is already on the todo list.
Well then I'll stop nagging about it! Thanks! :thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
07-02-2005, 10:21 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.