PDA

View Full Version : New Vue user here.

Invid
05-21-2005, 06:23 AM
I just purchased the educational version of Vue 5 Infinite. I hope it's worth the investment! I plan on using my educational version of Modo to create objects for my 3D "paintings" to further my digital hobby. I hope to contribute here after I read through the manual and test some things out. See ya soon!

richcz3
05-21-2005, 07:24 PM
Welcome aboard. Infinite is proving to be well worth the investment. Be sure to check out as many Vue forums as you can including E-Ons site. There are plenty of older tutorials that still apply to Infinites functions.
Cheers,

Invid
05-21-2005, 08:10 PM
Thanks richcz3 I'm actually quite excited about it. The software looks so powerful for the price and I love the features. I just emailed over my adcademic credentials so I hope I get the package within a week or so. I'll tell you what this is gonna be a lot less messy than my oil paints are :D vbmenu_register("postmenu_2312149

Invid
05-21-2005, 09:54 PM
Hey richcz3 I saw your post at Renderosity about cutting render times. So do you think it would be more efficient to render as a targa sequence rather than stright to video? I think I may post more at Renderosity than here since it's more of a novice forum there. Anyways thanks for the greeting!

richcz3
05-21-2005, 10:35 PM
Hi Invid,

EDIT
I was wrong about the BUG rendering out sequential images. It was brought to my attention the other day and I am correcting this post.

How to save to image sequences?
In the Animation Render Options panel click on Save As. Select the Save as type there. Not in the Format Options I was trying to do.

E-On really suports their products. They have released no less than 3 Beta patches since Infinites release. I've just done some more tests today and lowered the render times to 5 minutes a frame at 640x480. That's some pretty fast GI rendering. :thumbsup:

AniMajik
05-24-2005, 04:33 AM
I also saw your post at r'osity and been following your tests here and there. You are really making some great progress with the noise issue and render times. Really good info here!

I will be ordering V5I in a couple of weeks myself to add to my arsenal and hope I can help add some to your testing, richcz3.

-AniMajik

Invid
05-25-2005, 01:45 AM
Hey thanks for your input richcz3 I appreciate the info. I just got confirmation that my order shipped today and I can't wait to start testing it out. After I read through the manual I'll more than likely have more questions for you if you don't mind. Thanks again.

CGTalk Moderation
05-25-2005, 01:45 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.