PDA

View Full Version : Loop Slice Question

ArtofacksOne
05-20-2005, 05:01 PM
I made a rectangle primitive then i selected my poly mode and selected all, then i selected loop slice tool. I would like to know how do i control the loopslice tool.

My problem:

I tried loop slice and it did the slice left and right, instead of up and done as I usually use it. Well how do I tell the loop slice tool how i want to slice if up and down or left to right. At this moment it insist on slicing left to right but i need up and down ..

Thanks. FYI: I started in Strata 3d , moved to Maya and now been using c4d for about 3 months now but I am intrigued by modo tools and would like to add to my arsenal.

Again Thank You for your help.

c-g
05-20-2005, 05:21 PM
If you selected everything it doesn't know what you want to slice. You need to at least select two polys that will tell it the direction of the loop. (You could also select edges that would make up the loop.)

jamesvalue
05-20-2005, 08:54 PM
As already sayed by c-g , the loop slice tool is not the correct one to use (infact to use it properly you need a H or V loop ), try using the axis slice instead (this works exactely the way you asked)

Bye

StephanD
05-25-2005, 12:28 PM
Use an Edgering selection and in the Loop Slice's options,check Split selected.

If you are to select manually,instead of using Edgering Select(Alt-L),remember to select in order from the first to the last.The Up-arrow pattern selection can be useful in this case and also if your cut is to include the centerline,turn off symmetry beforehand.

paul k.
05-25-2005, 04:03 PM
Choosing the right tool is one of the most underrated areas in getting the job done. Some people will look over every tiny bit of text in a feature list PDF and then not really take the time to understand the subtle nuances of each similar tool.

Not to mention if you have been thrown a piece of software on the job, asked to learn it in like an hour, or even worse while your supposed to be working on an actual project. There is no way to actually know the scope or abilities of the software you using.

It really takes time to be able to really let your talent breathe within an app.

CGTalk Moderation
05-25-2005, 04:03 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.