PDA

View Full Version : Pyrocluster Madness

disney_on_acid
05-20-2005, 04:19 PM
Greetings everyone! I am rather new to serious 3D design (I was using RayDream Studio 5.5 and I just purchased Cinema 4D R9.1) I have been playing around with things and I am stuck on Pyrocluster. No matter what I do I can't make a realistic fire. Everything I get looks like yellow cotton and at the top of the flame you can see the individual particles as puffy balls.

How on Earth can I make a realistic looking fire like I see all over the documentation for Cinema 4D?

Please help?

Nny :)

Gravedigger
05-27-2005, 07:07 AM
Hello!
First you should take time to read the manual about pyroclusters. in this document every parameter is explained. afterwards you should try these things. maybe you did this already.

now your problem.
there are several things you can do wrong.
1. Emitter
maybe the emitter doesen't work like it is necessary for a fire. search a picture of a fire and try, without using the render and pyroclusters, to make the emitter working like a fire. don't let him spread the particles over the whole scene! Have a look at the numbers of particles too. If there are not enough particles, there will be some stand alone smoke balls.

2. Pyrocluster
There are a lot of influences for the shape of the pyrocluster. with the manual you get an overview. for previews you can set the quality to low(in the volume tracer). then try different things. is the size of the pyrocluster ok? what about the behaviour with the age?

3. Emitter-Object
You must give an object to the emitter. there are very different results with different shapes(in the manual are some examples). Change the shape and the size of these object till it looks nice.

hope i could help you!
have a nice week and ask if something is unclear or post your result

grs Grave

paulselhi
05-27-2005, 10:59 AM
you problem is likely to be found in the illumination settings, try the different options, bump may be good or diffuse. Play around in the noise it will defintley affect the result !!

What sort of fire do you want, a raging fireball effect ? see my tut on this , for flames you need to stretch the particles somewhat

Does it have to be PC ? vis lights make great fire.. see my meteor tutorial

CGTalk Moderation
05-27-2005, 10:59 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.